The Question that everyone still needs answered

Rosemountian

Reaction score
Will gopher football's primary sponsor continue to be a funeral home?

Deadly Serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosemountian
Will gopher football's primary sponsor continue to be a funeral home?

Station 19 then replied "Is that really important to you?"

I believe the answer is that he is deadly serious.

We've got a coach name Kill. What's the problem with a funeral home.

Well played Mauer

Seriously though. I think if a funeral home is no longer the primary sponsor, it will mean that the U accomplished what was likely one of their goals......to reach a new audience under the age of 50.

Do you really think that changing radio stations will change the Gopher fan base demographics.

Will people only listen to Gopher games if it is on 'their channel'.

The main reason that the funeral home was a primary sponsor is because Bill McReavy is a HUGE sponsor of the program. I think he will continue to advertise even with the switch to KFAN. Bill has donated a TON of money to the program. In fact, I think he gave about 3 mill to the stadium alone. Bill is a neighbor of my parents and a great man and all he wants is for this program to win. If you'll notice, about the only time he advertises is with Gopher Athletics because he cares that much. He has a scholarship at the local high school(St. Anthony) for students going to the U. So, my guess is yes, he will be the primary sponsor because he cares about Gopher Athletics.

As long as Ray Christensen is doing their commercials, I hope they continue. Otherwise, they need to find another company for Ray to lend his voice to.

The main reason that the funeral home was a primary sponsor is because Bill McReavy is a HUGE sponsor of the program. I think he will continue to advertise even with the switch to KFAN. Bill has donated a TON of money to the program. In fact, I think he gave about 3 mill to the stadium alone. Bill is a neighbor of my parents and a great man and all he wants is for this program to win. If you'll notice, about the only time he advertises is with Gopher Athletics because he cares that much. He has a scholarship at the local high school(St. Anthony) for students going to the U. So, my guess is yes, he will be the primary sponsor because he cares about Gopher Athletics.

I will second that Bill McReavy is a HUGE supporter of Gopher athletics. Bill grew up with my Dad and any time I talked Gopher sports with my Dad, he would always make sure to remind me that Bill supported Gopher sports.

People under 50 die, too. Those under 50 are less likely to be prepared as well and need to find a place for funeral arrangements. They can't do better than with Bill McReavy and his staff.

I will second that Bill McReavy is a HUGE supporter of Gopher athletics. Bill grew up with my Dad and any time I talked Gopher sports with my Dad, he would always make sure to remind me that Bill supported Gopher sports.

People under 50 die, too. Those under 50 are less likely to be prepared as well and need to find a place for funeral arrangements. They can't do better than with Bill McReavy and his staff.

Also, people under 50 sometimes have to bury their parents. Maybe the ads will change to have children and parents talk about making arrangements.

As long as Ray Christensen is doing their commercials, I hope they continue. Otherwise, they need to find another company for Ray to lend his voice to.

+1

Ray, plus Kill plus funeral homes makes for a great combo....

Top Bottom