The promise of Athan Kaliakmanis

hungan1

Reaction score
The Greek Rifle Era is here in Dinky Town. We have a lot of uncertainties for sure.

All you have to do to assuage your trepidation is watch the game against Wisconsin last season. You can see how Athan has grown and will continue to grow. Being a tall mobile QB has its advantages.

We have a lot to be optimistic about Gopher Football. There will be new stars in the making. One thing for certain, the Gophers play really good team ball. I can't wait to see how explosive the Gophers' Offense will be.

What a fun game. I thought we were dead in the water when we went down 16-13. I was so frustrated I wanted to turn the tv off. I've learned to never doubt PJ's teams as they will never quit, and don't seem to be too phased by adversity.

A couple of very random things after rewatching the highlights.

Walley might have scored if he goes to the bottom of the field after his INT.

And that second to last play of the game where WI just threw a 5 yard out on 3rd and goal was a worthless play call. 4th and goal from the 25 isn't much better than 4th and goal from the 30. It would have been better for them to make another attempt at the end zone.

Thank you for posting this, a welcome distraction today!

Highlights:
I will miss Mertz, he was not very good for WI.

Daniel Jackson had some incredible catches, including the one on the sideline. Can't wait to see what he can do this season!

I forgot Walley had an INT in that game, making it back-to-back Axe games with an INT. Go for the 3-peat this season?

Kaliakmanis made some incredible throws in the face of pressure. He just stood there and took the hit when he threw to BSF. It was reviewed as not-targeting but it didn't matter, Athan showed his toughness.

I will miss Mo very much. Couple of 3rd and long, hand off to Mo for a 12-15 yd gain.

The last minute of play was bonkers and I forgot how crazy it was. Wolf in at QB, they end up 3rd and GOAL at the 30 YD LINE?! WI had chance after chance to get it to the end zone and failed every time.

I'm glad AK got same playing experience last year.

In the Huskers game Morgan only had 38 yards passing in the first half and the team had 0 points. AK came in to start the 3rd and passed for 137 yards leading to 20 points scored in the 2nd half alone.

Kaliakmanis is just really good. We are in for something special the way he throws the ball

What a fun game. I thought we were dead in the water when we went down 16-13. I was so frustrated I wanted to turn the tv off. I've learned to never doubt PJ's teams as they will never quit, and don't seem to be too phased by adversity.
Should have blown the thing open in the first half. Not getting that 4th and short was a killer.

Check out the throw at 7:57. Doesn't have his feet right at all, guy in his face and he delivers that.

The Greek Rifle Era is here in Dinky Town. We have a lot of uncertainties for sure.

All you have to do to assuage your trepidation is watch the game against Wisconsin last season. You can see how Athan has grown and will continue to grow. Being a tall mobile QB has its advantages.

We have a lot to be optimistic about Gopher Football. There will be new stars in the making. One thing for certain, the Gophers play really good team ball. I can't wait to see how explosive the Gophers' Offense will be.

Man I love beating those mfer's.

Top Bottom