The polls and the current state of the conference

cjbfbp

Reaction score
A few weeks ago, a number of posters were ticked that the Gophers didn't receive any votes in the polls.

Well, now we have plenty of company among our peers. Although 5 Big Ten teams are highly regarded (Top 10 in both polls), no other Big Ten team receives any votes in either poll.

So, here we are:

Indiana
Maryland
Rutgers
Illinois
Minnesota
Nebraska
Northwestern
Purdue
Wisconsin

Can we emerge at the top of the bottom nine? We have 6 games remaining with that group and winning 5 of those would give us 8 wins (assuming we lose to Iowa) and should place us at the top of that group of nine (at least in terms of wins).

Nebraska has 3 games remaining with the group of nine (the other two remaining games are with Ohio State and Iowa). Unless they pull off a major upset against Iowa, they have no margin for error in becoming bowl eligible.

I'm interested in seeing how the rest of the season goes and how many bowl eligible teams will emerge from the group.

I also wonder if Clifford will return to PSU shortly. If they have to play that backup QB for multiple games, I could see them sinking like a rock.

And I would expect none of those teams to get votes. We have a shot with our schedule lining up as it is to get there, but the rest largely not (based on how I’d imagine the games go)

Here are my predictions for bowl eligibility from that group of 9.

Will make a bowl
Minnesota
Wisconsin
Maryland

Going to be tight but possible
Nebraska (only if they beat MN, a loss on Saturday and they move down)
Purdue
Rutgers

Home for the Holidays
Illinois
Northwestern
Indiana

Top Bottom