The Oversigning Cup

The remaining spot must be reserved for Andre.

VERY, VERY disappointing! Despite winning a NC, Alabama is still more motivated to cheat (or seriously cut corners) than we are! Very disappointing.

We're listed as having 25 open slots, are they counting 3 back to last year or does that mean we can sign 28?

Signing Rules

We're listed as having 25 open slots, are they counting 3 back to last year or does that mean we can sign 28?

The rules are that you are:
  • Limited to 25 recruits in the present class
  • You can "move" up to 3 recruits back to the previous class if they are early signers.
  • You are limited to 85 total scholarships.

These are the simplified version of the rules. What this means is we theoretically could sign up to 28 people (25 in this class and 3 early signers back dated to last year’s class as long as we don't exceed 85 scholarships.

One of the problems is that we don't know how many present scholarship players may leave this summer. We also don't know how many players may lose their scholarships before next fall. If we end up with to scholarships we may have to "grey" scholarships some players (Move them to next year). There are some rules about over signing but I really don't understand them.

The rules are that you are:
  • Limited to 25 recruits in the present class
  • You can "move" up to 3 recruits back to the previous class if they are early signers.
  • You are limited to 85 total scholarships.

These are the simplified version of the rules. What this means is we theoretically could sign up to 28 people (25 in this class and 3 early signers back dated to last year’s class as long as we don't exceed 85 scholarships.

One of the problems is that we don't know how many present scholarship players may leave this summer. We also don't know how many players may lose their scholarships before next fall. If we end up with to scholarships we may have to "grey" scholarships some players (Move them to next year). There are some rules about over signing but I really don't understand them.

This isn't 'nam, there are rules...

VERY, VERY disappointing! Despite winning a NC, Alabama is still more motivated to cheat (or seriously cut corners) than we are! Very disappointing.

I think that its a B1G rule that keeps us from oversigning. The article about Bobby Dodd was interesting. I know a guy who coached for him and he reinforced the notion that Dodd was a great person and coach. He also encouraged players to go out for track or baseball so that they didn;t have to participate in spring football. I was also told that Dodd would often be late for practice if a round of golf or good tennis match got in the way. Sounds like a hell of a guy.

Top Bottom