The only weekend of the year I want an 11am

Rosemountian

Reaction score
Start.

High school football section semi's. Half of the high school football players/coaches can't attend the game saturday. Hopefully with the new class being added they can somehow adjust the schedule to not play on a Saturday (I doubt it).

You are right in doubting it.

There will still be 3 rounds of sectionals starting the Tuesday after MEA.

The only way to fit in 6 games will be to have a game on Saturday.

They should have the state title the weekend (full week between) after thanksgiving like they do in Wisconsin. Especially with more of the state quarters being moved to the metrodome.

Go mea Wednesday
1st round Friday (long week, today)
2nd round Friday (a week from today)
Section finals (Friday)
State quarters Thursday/Friday (would be nov 18th weekend this year).
Semis thanksgiving weekend
Finals weekend after thanksgiving weekend.

Even with the trend of specialization, too many kids probably still play a winter sport that it would disrupt those teams.

I could be mistaken, but I think the Wisconsin finals are actually the week before Thanksgiving.

They should have the state title the weekend (full week between) after thanksgiving like they do in Wisconsin. Especially with more of the state quarters being moved to the metrodome.

Go mea Wednesday
1st round Friday (long week, today)
2nd round Friday (a week from today)
Section finals (Friday)
State quarters Thursday/Friday (would be nov 18th weekend this year).
Semis thanksgiving weekend
Finals weekend after thanksgiving weekend.

Why?? So a couple extra people can maybe go to a Gopher football game?

Disagreed. The Thanksgiving week championship games makes sense so that more alumni will be able to attend the games (the ones that are still in school)

Not just to avoid Saturday games. Also to not play on short weeks. IMO it is not good for these kids to play 3 games in 10 days.

It pushes it back one week for two teams per class essentially. So it really wouldn't disrupt winter sports for more than 14 teams. It seems to work in Wisconsin.

I have done some investigating and it turns out this will no longer be a problem for 6a schools next year.

Turns out with the 32 team class next year there are no short weeks except mea.
It'll be mea Wednesday then Fridays (or Thursday Fridays one you get to neutral site games) all the way to the championship.

The other classes will still have a Tuesday Saturday Friday format.

MN HS football
MN HS football
MN HS football
MN HS football
MN HS football
MN HS football
MN HS football
MN HS football
MN HS football
MN HS football
MN HS football
MN HS football

Wisconsin High school state championship is not the week after thanksgiving. They are played the Thursday and Friday before thanksgiving. Coincides with the opening of Rifle deer season in WI. 3 games Thursday and 4 Friday. Watch every year as I am from WI

Top Bottom