The only way today could be better (Wisconsin loses again thread!!)

It only could have been better if I had been there. I'd like to have been on the field after the game back-slapping some players, singing with the fans. If only......Texas sucks.

It only could have been better if I had been there. I'd like to have been on the field after the game back-slapping some players, singing with the fans. If only......Texas sucks.
Don't worry, so does Wisconsin.

We're a few minutes from back-to-back Wisco loses!!

Go Gophers!!

And that qb run just about does it. Suck it Badger fans.

What an amazing 8 days for Wisconsin. A path to the national title game 8 days ago to now having to run the table and win the BT title game just to play in a BCS game. Wilson having hopes of Heisman to being outplayed tonight by Braxton Miller.

This collapse and underachieving season couldn't happen to a better HC than BB.

Go Gophers!!

Sheesh did I speak too soon. Amazing collapse by OSU now.

Wow.

Go Gophers!!

Hail Mary Kills Wisconsin Again!!!!!!!!!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Sheesh did I speak too soon. Amazing collapse by UW now.

Wow.

Go Gophers!!

It happens again to Becky

tOSU beat Becky with a Hail Mary with 20 seconds remaining. The Snake bites again. How sad.

Great Day! Gophers win & Badgers lose on another Hail Mary!!!...................

Just like Christmas morning! Gophers nip Iowa & Ohio State just upset Becky!!! It's a fantastic night!! Go Gophers!!!!:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

OOPS! The score was OSU 33- Becky 29. Sorry, I was so damn excited, I forgot to mention the score. YEEEEEHAAAAA!

What a great weekend. Hard to imagine it getting any better. A Gopher win over Iowa and a last second crotch kick to Bart Bielema for the second week in a row. The look on his face is so sweet. God is GOOD !:) :clap:

The skunk badgers blow the game on the last play again.

The amazing thing about this post.. Is that is was SOOOO damn close to being right on the nose. You need an award for that man!

Other than being blown out this was the best scenario. Becky comes back to lead and then loses AGAIN on poor defense at the end. OSU has really struggled on offense this year. Poor kickoff coverage leads to good field position and then Braxton makes the play to a wide open receiver. WOW.

tOSU beat Becky with a Hail Mary with 20 seconds remaining. The Snake bites again. How sad.

I generally hate to pick nits, but I've heard a couple of people refer to that TD pass as a hail mary, and that's just not what it was. Miller was taking off on a run, saw he had a receiver breaking open in the end zone, and hit him. Not a hail mary, just heads up play and a good pass.

What a bunch of crybabies. I love it when fans of teams with poor special teams play act like it's "not really" part of the game and is just a fluke. In reality, it's just as important as either O or D, and Becky's poor ST has cost them two games.

I bet Paul Chryst is really glad he turned down that huge raise to be Texas' OC. What a moron. I thought it was a terrible decision at the time, and now, with hindsight, it's insanely idiotic.

Wisconsin also recovered a dropped punt and scored on a short field. It happens both ways.

What a bunch of crybabies. I love it when fans of teams with poor special teams play act like it's "not really" part of the game and is just a fluke. In reality, it's just as important as either O or D, and Becky's poor ST has cost them two games.

I bet Paul Chryst is really glad he turned down that huge raise to be Texas' OC. What a moron. I thought it was a terrible decision at the time, and now, with hindsight, it's insanely idiotic.

I am not sure why Chryst is a moron, but that is besides the point.

The Badgers did not lose that game because of poor special teams. In reality, they did not even lose the MSU game because of poor special teams, but that is an entirely different discussion.

As was rightfully pointed out, the Badgers recovered a fumbled punt on the series directly following the blocked punt and scored. Basically the teams traded gift touchdowns and the game moved on. Pretty simple.

The Badgers lost the game because they could not tackle Miller. That is what caused the breakdown on the final play and that is what led to most of the big plays that OSU had. The kid is very talented, especially as a runner and it was disappointing how many times they whiffed on him. That is what good players make you do. If you put most of the players in the country in a one on one with Miller, most of the time they are not going to make the tackle.

I always find it entertaining when fans place the blame on one play or one unit for a loss. It is pure folly. Fans always forget that there is another team out there, trying to accomplish the exact same thing as their team is. If your guy catches a pass and breaks a tackle and scores a TD, your guy made a brilliant play, the other team is bitching about a guy missing an easy tackle. The fact that the kid had no chance, given the relative athletic abilities of the two players to make the tackle is always forgotten.

The Badgers fans are bitching about an absurd breakdown on the final play of the game that led to the winning OSU TD. It is wasted breath. What about the breakdown that OSU had on the Badgers final touchdown? Also a huge breakdown. If the Badgers win that game on that play, the whining from the OSU fans would has been worse because they would have been bitching about a game that they all thought was in the bag. If the Badgers would have won, it would have been because of some incredibly talented offensive players, that despite being handled for most of the night, did not quit. The perspective would have been a tad different. In the end, it means nothing. Message board fodder at its best. It is too bad they could not pull it off as winning at OSU at night is not an easy thing to do and they were right there.

The thing I hate the most about post game analysis is the, "if we would have made the field goal in the first quarter we would have won the game because we lost by two" BS that you read all of the time. It is moronic. The game ebbs and flows and changes as a result of everything that happens previously. It is far too simplistic to think that way.

The Badgers have a very good team and they are going to be fine. They have lost two heart breakers for a million reasons. The bottom line is that on those two nights, the other team was a little bit better.

The thing I hate the most about post game analysis is the, "if we would have made the field goal in the first quarter we would have won the game because we lost by two" BS that you read all of the time. It is moronic. The game ebbs and flows and changes as a result of everything that happens previously. It is far too simplistic to think that way.

Amen

I am not sure why Chryst is a moron, but that is besides the point.

Good post overall. I enjoyed it.

As far as Chryst, why would anyone turn down an enormous raise to coach better athletes at a better school under a better coach with more fans, more money, etc., etc.? The decision still just baffles me. Other than uprooting his family, there was literally no downside to this move. If you succeed at Texas (which I have no doubt that he would've, as he is an offensive genius), you have written your check to do pretty much anything. When you're offered a job at Texas/Oklahoma/USC/Florida/Alabama/et al., you take it. Especially when they're more than doubling your salary.

Top Bottom