The only tidbit I can find about Spring Practice

Bayfieldgopher

Reaction score
Sid: "Gophers football coach Tim Brewster is impressed with junior college transfer Tiree Eure, a tight end who is enrolled in school and taking part in spring practice. "He's a kid that came in from Lackawanna [College], he's been here all semester," said Brewster. "He is a 6-foot-6, 245-50-pound kid, runs extremely well, catches the ball very well and is a strong guy. I think he's going to really help our running game blocking at the point of attack on the edge. So I really think he's going to do a good job for us, I think he'll come in and make an immediate impact."

Any one have any realiable reports on how things are going? Kent covered the Twinkie stadium yesterday so he did his job for the week. No practice reports. What a joke!

Update: gophersports has a report: http://www.gophersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=38605&SPID=3280&DB_OEM_ID=8400&ATCLID=204917390

Any HS coaches out there willing to pitch in after watching practice?

Wills looks like he lost some excess poundage.

As much as I like Brew when he starts hyping newcomers like Eure it always scares me as it seems like it's the kiss of death more often than not, lol. That said, if anyone should be able to evaluate a TE it's Brew.

I expect Wills will be one of the most improived players on the squad and by seasons end we'll all wish he had another year. He improved greatly as last season progressed and with a full year to work on conditioning/strength as well as mastering the playbook, I think he'll make a big leap forward this season and be a pleasant surprise.

Word is that Hageman (hamstring) and Garin (in a boot for high ankle sprain) are both injured. Probably won't participate in the spring 15. Not good. Hope the rest of the DL can stay healthy and build some chemistry.

Nothing about practice but Shooter does have a quote from Bruininks about Brewster:

Bruinicks said he's optimistic about Gophers football.
"I think coach (Tim) Brewster has hired a great offensive coordinator in Jeff Horton," he said. "He's got a lot of experience as a head coach as well as a coordinator.

I feel we've got stability in the coaching corps right now.
"(Brewster) is bringing 20-some players off a redshirt season, which should be a strength.

"We play a tough, competitive schedule, which in some ways is tougher than last year. But I like that. I think our fans deserve a tough preseason schedule and a very competitive schedule in the Big Ten, and that will only make us better in the long term.

"I admire (Brewster) for having the guts to schedule top-ranked teams."

Agree with the comment on Wills. If his head is on straight, he could be a big suprise!!

Top Bottom