The "old boys rule" and the "...it's still who you know..." bowl season...

Western Kentucky just didn't have enough Big Ten Wins.

Agree Wren. I don't know how qualified WK is, but I don't think much of Northwestern or Purdue.

They had zero Big 10 wins...I don't see how this matters.

In reality, the gripe for Western Kentucky should have been with ULL and Florida Int'l getting bids before them, however, when you look at their overall resumes, ULL and Florida Int'l's were much better.

If they want to argue that they should be in the Beef 'O' Brady St. Petersburg Bowl instead of Florida Int'l, take it up with Beed 'O' Brady. However, I don't think a gripe between who is more deserving FIU or Western Kentucky is really about the haves and the havenots.

They had zero Big 10 wins...I don't see how this matters.

In reality, the gripe for Western Kentucky should have been with ULL and Florida Int'l getting bids before them, however, when you look at their overall resumes, ULL and Florida Int'l's were much better.

If they want to argue that they should be in the Beef 'O' Brady St. Petersburg Bowl instead of Florida Int'l, take it up with Beed 'O' Brady. However, I don't think a gripe between who is more deserving FIU or Western Kentucky is really about the haves and the havenots.
Agreed, FIU has only been in FBS maybe, 5 more years than WKU.

tough to feel sorry for WKU when they lost to Indiana State by 28 points:eek:

I agree, FIU is no more a have than is Western Kentucky. It's not the old boy network, the bowls don't care about that. They want the matchup that they think is going to draw the best ratings and will get the greatest attendance.

Top Bottom