The officials

Bayfieldgopher

Reaction score
I'm surprised no one has brought this up. I don't recall a game where the officials let things go to that extent. It was not a place for the timid. DJ got the shaft on two fouls and so did Carter as Morgan should have been called for the charge. He backed into them hard then leaned into our guys who had position and tried to hold their ground with their arms straight up.

MSU constantly bumped and reached into our ballhandler and nothing was called. Joseph was manhandled at the point and our bigs were constantly bumped and pushed. How many times did you see our guys loose control of the ball due to the contact?

But the guys hung in there and I give them huge credit for adjusting and finally did some of their own heavy work. Colton almost blocked out his man to the sideline on one rebound and we all saw the contact when he and their big guy hit the floor.

Morgan was pretty much allowed to do whatever he wanted near the basket. Every time he backed someone down, he somehow managed to get fouled. Every time there was an offensive board, he flew in over our players (looked an awful lot like an over the back call) almost every time.

Whatever. We won.

The best inside play of the day was when Iverson backed everyone out on the rebound and CJ came in and got the dunk. They should take that film and show it to high schools around the state.

Top Bottom