"The Ninth Metal" by Benjamin Percy

Full Speed Ahead

Reaction score
There are not too many successful novelists in Minnesota, but count Ben Percy as being one of them. He's published numerous novels, plus a slew of graphic novels (aka comic books) including the Wolverine and Green Arrow series.

Total disclosure here, Ben's a friend of mine as we both live in Northfield. His latest novel, "The Ninth Metal" is being released today. It takes place in northern Minnesota, where meteorites of a previously unknown metal turn the quiet countryside into a hunting grounds for the valuable ore. Do give it a read, and if you're placing an online order do so using your local bookstore. Amazon won't miss your order, and your local book store will appreciate one from you. If you don't have a local store, then here's a link to mine, and here are some of the reviews of Ben's new novel:

“[In THE NINTH METAL] debris from a comet drops a fabulously valuable new metal on Northfall, MN., turning it into a bloody, brawling boomtown. Great characters, fine writing, totally engrossing.”
—Stephen King

“Take one part dystopia, one part sci-fi, two parts apocalypse, then ride them roughshod through a bleak and bloody western, and it still wouldn't get close to what Ben Percy does here, which is blow open the core of humanity's dark heart.”
—Marlon James, Booker Prize award-winning author of Black Leopard, Red Wolf

“Whether you choose to think of him as the Elmore Leonard of rural Minnesota or the Stephen King of Science Fiction, Ben Percy—with his extraordinary and unrelenting eye—dishes up humanity like some kind of otherworldly blue plate special, at once deeply familiar and wildly new.”
—Margaret Stohl, #1 New York Times best-selling author of the Caster Chronicles

“When Benjamin Percy publishes a novel, I have got to read that novel. The Ninth Metal continues his streak of thrilling, incisive genre bending goodness. It’s a sci-fi novel, a crime novel and a super-hero novel, too. Audacious and intelligent and exactly what I was dying to read.”
—Victor LaValle, author of The Changeling

Last edited:

Top Bottom