The "Nine Game Gauntlet" - Updated

Livingat45north

Reaction score
Going into what I'm calling the "nine-game gauntlet" part of our schedule, I was hoping we'd pull off wins in 3 of the games and then make it up in the back half of the schedule. We've already won three of 'em, looking nice right now...

12/15 at #15 Ilinois - L 65-92
12/20 vs St. Louis - W 90-82
12/25 vs #10 Iowa - W 102-95
12/28 vs #17 MSU - W 81-56
12/31 at #6 WI I'm pretty sure this game was canceled due to COVID.
1/3 vs #25 OSU - W 77-60
1/6 at #16 Mich
1/10 at #10 Iowa
1/16 vs #16 Mich

That's a brutal stretch of nine games.

Last edited:

We’ve only played 1 so far, but would love to see us pick up a road win. Win the two at home, and 1 of the 3 on the road to finish the gauntlet 6-3 and I’d be (more than I already am) thrilled with the start to the season.

If we want to contend in the conference the team should just try to go 1-0 as many times as possible.

the last two games have shown me they can go 1-0 against almost anybody.
If they can go 1-0 in 12 or 13 of the next 17....they might win the conference

I'd love to see us beat Sconnie, #1 on my to do list, then OSU and split with Michigan and expect an L at Iowa. That would be some bigboy stuff! For those counting/mocking at home, that equals 3-2, lol.

Yes, I'm insanly optimist - so tell me something I don't know.

Last edited:

Im not sure hoping for 2-2 and expecting to get disappointed makes you an optimist

Huh?

I'm saying we go 3-2 over the next five to answer the OP's question and since as of now they're all ranked, I'd say that is pretty optimist IMO. Nowhere did I say I would be disappointed bro.

What's your prediction for the the next 5? Put it in writing.

I also was the goofus who started the Will be Ranked in Top 25 this season and the resounding votes before the Iowa game was no it wouldn't occur, however, I left the voting open so the fun could be shared by all who want to join. I left myself open to an incredible amount of ridicule for the rest of the season I called my shot and said we'd go 2-2 in December in our first four games which didn't receive a ton of we go this - all in the thread broski.

Don't make me break out the big guns ( -

1609273195935.png

Last edited:

if they drop the next 5, the last 2 are going to feel less elating. need to stay focused. PJ Fleck style that every game is a championship game and show up ready to go. we won't win them all, but damnit this team can beat anyone

Huh?

I'm saying we go 3-2 over the next five to answer the OP's question and since as of now they're all ranked, I'd say that is pretty optimist IMO. Nowhere did I say I would be disappointed bro.

What's your prediction for the the next 5? Put it in writing.

I also was the goofus who started the Will be Ranked in Top 25 this season and the resounding votes before the Iowa game was no it wouldn't occur, however, I left the voting open so the fun could be shared by all who want to join. I left myself open to an incredible amount of ridicule for the rest of the season I called my shot and said we'd go 2-2 in December in our first four games which didn't receive a ton of we go this - all in the thread broski.

Don't make me break out the big guns ( -

View attachment 11010
Didn’t realize you were going to be so offended.

I think the gophers will go 2-3 in the next 5 but I won’t guess which games. If I had to guess I’d say they split Michigan and go 1-2 in the other 3

I'm glad you included St Louis on this list. It will be the (resume) gift that keeps on giving this year, especially when they win the A10.
They will most likely make the dance this year even if Richmond or someone upsets them in their conference tourney. They're a solid win.

I think the gophers will go 2-3 in the next 5 but I won’t guess which games. If I had to guess I’d say they split Michigan and go 1-2 in the other 3

Thanks for the apology - I'll take it, lol

Just like to know what i'm being called out for as do most.

Thanks for the apology - I'll take it, lol

Just like to know what i'm being called out for as do most.
You weren’t getting called out at all.

I just thought it was funny that you were calling yourself an optimist for 2-2 (I read what you said wrong) when I consider myself a pessimist in regards to gophers hoops and I think they’ll go 2-3.

You weren’t getting called out at all.

I just thought it was funny that you were calling yourself an optimist for 2-2 (I read what you said wrong) when I consider myself a pessimist in regards to gophers hoops and I think they’ll go 2-3.

Thanks for clarifying :)

On to Madison:cool03:

I'd be happy with a Michigan split.

I’m interested to see how this team performs on the road. Laid an absolute egg versus ILL. Can’t do that if they want to contend in the big ten this year

We’ve only played 1 so far, but would love to see us pick up a road win. Win the two at home, and 1 of the 3 on the road to finish the gauntlet 6-3 and I’d be (more than I already am) thrilled with the start to the season.
Yeah, was going to say 3-2 in the next five would be nice.

I was hoping for 3-9 in those 9 so every win from this point forward is free rolling imo.

This team is long and deep and if they are shooting 35% from behind arc, tough to beat.

If, IF we won the next 5, what would we be rated?

#2?

Is a COVID road win even a thing? There are no fans.

I'm glad you included St Louis on this list. It will be the (resume) gift that keeps on giving this year, especially when they win the A10.
It was a game that had me nervous. With all the B1G match ups coming, and right after IL, I wasn't sure how we'd respond.

Is a COVID road win even a thing? There are no fans.
Yep, still most definitely a "thing". You've still got to travel, play on their court, with their ball. Fans are obviously a big deal, but there's a lot more that goes into home-court advantage.

Yep, still most definitely a "thing". You've still got to travel, play on their court, with their ball. Fans are obviously a big deal, but there's a lot more that goes into home-court advantage.
we won't be learning which players/teams shrivel in front of raucous opposing fans.

we won't be learning which players/teams shrivel in front of raucous opposing fans.
Evidently Michigan State does not need raucous opposing fans to shrivel on the road. I have to be a little careful here as the Gophers shriveled a bit at Illinois but I don’t think that will happen at Wisconsin.

Would have to be up there.
If all those teams stay ranked by the time we play them and we actually won all of them. How could we possibly be ranked any lower?

I don't think I've ever seen a team play 7 ranked teams consecutively, let alone win all the games.

It's freaking ridiculous! SEC West football doesn't have schedules like this!

now got another one. if we can get a 5th, that would be massive

3 of the 8 B1G games was the key. We got it. Now get an extra one.

Top Bottom