The NCAA has opened an investigation into No. 2 Michigan over possible rule-breaking around in-person scouting of opponents

At this point it is so amateurish and obvious that ... I duno if I'm the B1G guy making the call, I would feel the need to take action before the title game, as in not allow them in it.

This is some integrity of the game shit here.

There of course is cheating but this is so widespread, so OBVIOUS, that it seems to demand action.

Tattoos or phone cards ... whatever, but this is some serious integrity shit.

Holy lord

Stalions, now 28, revealed that he was part of a small group of people—two of whom he said were at low-level positions on different college football coaching staffs—who were putting their heads together on a long-term plan to run the Michigan football program. Stalions claimed to have a Google document between 550 and 600 pages long that he managed daily, containing a blueprint for the Wolverines’ future. He referred the document as a movement more than a plan, dubbing it “the Michigan Manifesto.”
https://www.si.com/college/2023/10/25/michigan-connor-stalions-texts-stolen-signals

“I mean those could be anything!”

Actually, I don't think there is any confusion with what's on that sheet. All these images are taken with high-resolution digital cameras these days. So, with the right expertise and tech you should be able to blow that image up to full size. The people that hold those digital image files know exactly what's on that sheet.

Actually, I don't think there is any confusion with what's on that sheet. All these images are taken with high-resolution digital cameras these days. So, with the right expertise and tech you should be able to blow that image up to full size. The people that hold those digital image files know exactly what's on that sheet.
I believe one team already said the hand signals on the sheet were confirmed to be the exact signals they used when they played .

So, what about teams that still have to play Michigan this year? Offenses can huddle to hide signals but that doesn't work for a defense.

Obviously sucks for all the teams who have already played them but imagine being a Purdue player going to Ann Arbor next week.

So, what about teams that still have to play Michigan this year? Offenses can huddle to hide signals but that doesn't work for a defense.

Obviously sucks for all the teams who have already played them but imagine being a Purdue player going to Ann Arbor next week.
Huddling helps but they still use hand signals if they want to audible at the line.

Just thinking about this. While this is truly an amusing situation, if this is all true then the right thing to do is to either....
(1) ignore all of Michigan's games as if they were not played.
OR - (2) count all of Michigan's games as wins for the opponents.

At the end of this though, CFB needs to change how game plans are communicated.

Last edited:

one would think that the NCAA has to do something - but this is the NCAA we're talking about.
I'm not holding my breath. I will be pleasantly surprised if Michigan or Harbaugh faces any significant penalties.

They might lose a few scholarships or something but I can't see it being a postseason ban. I hope I'm wrong but it's Michigan, not Minnesota or Northwestern.

Holy lord

Stalions, now 28, revealed that he was part of a small group of people—two of whom he said were at low-level positions on different college football coaching staffs—who were putting their heads together on a long-term plan to run the Michigan football program. Stalions claimed to have a Google document between 550 and 600 pages long that he managed daily, containing a blueprint for the Wolverines’ future. He referred the document as a movement more than a plan, dubbing it “the Michigan Manifesto.”
https://www.si.com/college/2023/10/25/michigan-connor-stalions-texts-stolen-signals
Sounds like a Dan Brown novel.

Just thinking about this. While this is truly an amusing situation, if this is all true then the right thing to do is to either....
(1) ignore all of Michigan's games as if they were not played.
OR - (2) count all of Michigan's games as wins for the opponents.

At the end of the though, CFB needs to change how game plans are communicated.
1) is possible
2) will not happen

BTN iis studiously avoiding the topic. Nothing new on broadcasts beyond the early days initial NCAA announcement and Harbaugh’s response.

“Moreover, a source with direct knowledge indicated to FootballScoop that Michigan may have attempted to assist the opposition of a potential CFP opponent in an effort to disrupt that
team's potential path to the Playoff.”

Unreal.

“Moreover, a source with direct knowledge indicated to FootballScoop that Michigan may have attempted to assist the opposition of a potential CFP opponent in an effort to disrupt that

Unreal.
That's gotta be Ohio State, right? "We may not win it all, but let's make sure the team down south doesn't either."

one would think that the NCAA has to do something - but this is the NCAA we're talking about.
I'm not holding my breath. I will be pleasantly surprised if Michigan or Harbaugh faces any significant penalties.

If they can connect the dots on this with valid material evidence the penalties ought to be severe. USC had enormous penalties for far, far less of a competitive advantage. Bush and another non-football player allegedly received improper solicitations and benefits and received the following punishment:

Probes by both USC and the NCAA found that football star Reggie Bush, the 2005 Heisman Trophy winner, and basketball star O. J. Mayo had effectively forfeited their amateur status (in Mayo's case, before he ever played a game for USC) by accepting gifts from agents. In addition, the women's tennis team was cited in the report for unauthorized phone calls made by a former player.

As a result of sanctions issued by both USC and the NCAA, the Trojan athletic program received some of the harshest penalties ever meted out to a Division 1 program. The football team was forced to vacate the final two wins of its 2004 national championship season, as well as all of its wins in 2005. It was also banned from bowl games in both 2010 and 2011 and was docked 30 scholarships over three years. The basketball team gave up all of its wins from the 2007-08 season and sat out postseason play in 2010. The NCAA accepted USC's earlier elimination of its women's tennis wins between November 2006 and May 2009 and did not sanction the team further.[1]

This is crazy:

Go Gophers!!
Look at the players behind them. They all knew too.

So the players knew, Stallions and the DC (and presumably all defensive staff) knew, But Harbaugh had no idea? One of the most preposterous arguments I've ever heard. What's he listening to in his headset, a podcast? I'm sure he doesn't attend any of the weekly game planning meetings.

My starting point on Michigan penaLties: Forfeiture of All games this year and last year where it is documented that spying occurred, and, fines, loss of scholarships to football program, and dismissal of entire coaching staff at Michigan.

Unreal.
OSU v UGA?🤔

Top Bottom