the movement has begun

In your best interests, I figured I should warn you the Wisconsin student section already drunkenly dances to that song some time in the first or second quarter of most games at Camp Randall.

Yeah, that's why most visiting fans tell us it's the coolest things they've ever seen at a road game.

It's getting a little old, it's been a fixture for 11 years, but the kids still love it, and so do players and fans of visiting teams, as well as recruits.

Yeah, that's why most visiting fans tell us it's the coolest things they've ever seen at a road game.

It's getting a little old, it's been a fixture for 11 years, but the kids still love it, and so do players and fans of visiting teams, as well as recruits.

really? who told you that? cal poly or wofford?! man, those little jokesters over at cal poly.....always pulling people's legs :pig:

Every time someone posts after a game telling us how much fun they had on their trip.

I know bitter Gopher fans might have a hard time believing it, but most people actually have fun when they come to Madison.

Every time someone posts after a game telling us how much fun they had on their trip.

I know bitter Gopher fans might have a hard time believing it, but most people actually have fun when they come to Madison.

I'm sure they do. If I was a Wofford fan, I'd be very happy that my school finally found some major conference team that would play us.

Michigan St fan, making his first trip to CR today:

- The UW students are 100x worse than ours as far as showing up on time. At kickoff I'd say only about 1/4 of the student section was in their seats. By the end of the 1st quarter though, the place was full.

- The students themselves were very vocal. I was sitting at the other end of the stadium, so I couldn't always make out what they were saying, but they were loud. Most of the profanity they threw was at each other (The **** you - eat **** was particularly high-class), but I didn't really hear much directed at MSU (besides a few "***-hole" chants at MSU students in the UW student section)

- The alumni there were just as reluctant as ours to get up on big plays, so I don't feel like we're so alone, especially after being at ND, where the fans get up for basically anything.

- The people we sat with were generally pretty nice (nice change from the pretentious ass bags I sat with in South Bend last weekend). Only problems we really had were some inebriated students after the game razzing us a little. Then I saw that they were wearing shirts that said "Bucky did your Mom" and I knew that I wasn't even close to the most pathetic person in that conversation.

- "Jump Around" is awesome. I wish the MSU students could get another song like that. Would be pretty sweet.

- "On Wisconsin" is an OK fight song - but the band breaks up into little groups in the second half and play it ALL AROUND the stadium, so it's ALWAYS being played. Wanted to go Van Gogh on my ears by the end of the game...

Anyway, looking forward to going to a couple more games during my time here. Still can't wait to make it back to State for a game.

Anyone else have impressions of the atmosphere today?

The fact that Wisconsin's proudest tradition is based on a song from 1992 speaks volumes about their meager history.

It would be far better if their band just played another round of that Minnesota reject they call a fight song.

- The UW students are 100x worse than ours as far as showing up on time. At kickoff I'd say only about 1/4 of the student section was in their seats. By the end of the 1st quarter though, the place was full.

- The students themselves were very vocal. I was sitting at the other end of the stadium, so I couldn't always make out what they were saying, but they were loud. Most of the profanity they threw was at each other (The **** you - eat **** was particularly high-class), but I didn't really hear much directed at MSU (besides a few "***-hole" chants at MSU students in the UW student section)

- The alumni there were just as reluctant as ours to get up on big plays, so I don't feel like we're so alone, especially after being at ND, where the fans get up for basically anything.

- The people we sat with were generally pretty nice (nice change from the pretentious ass bags I sat with in South Bend last weekend). Only problems we really had were some inebriated students after the game razzing us a little. Then I saw that they were wearing shirts that said "Bucky did your Mom" and I knew that I wasn't even close to the most pathetic person in that conversation.

- "Jump Around" is awesome. I wish the MSU students could get another song like that. Would be pretty sweet.

- "On Wisconsin" is an OK fight song - but the band breaks up into little groups in the second half and play it ALL AROUND the stadium, so it's ALWAYS being played. Wanted to go Van Gogh on my ears by the end of the game...

Anyway, looking forward to going to a couple more games during my time here. Still can't wait to make it back to State for a game.

becky d-bag see if you can follow along:

1.) no one here gives a flying fuch about your erector set looking stadium over in madistan. 2.) no one here gives a flying fuch about your "can't bother to show up until the second quarter" lame-ass students 3.) no one here gives a flying fuch about your gimmicky little "jump around" stunt

fuch becky! beat wisconsin!

:pig:

In an effort to prove that visiting fans like "Jump Around" you also just validated my opinion and that of many others that Wisconsin fans are classless and arrogant (for no really good reason) assholes who don't live up to their own hype.

Ouch, that really hurt. I may never recover.

You guys sure know how to protect your turf. Glad there aren't any chair legs available.

Ouch, that really hurt. I may never recover.

You guys sure know how to protect your turf. Glad there aren't any chair legs available.

Well, there aren't any chair legs available cause you badger fans already sit on the chairs upside down. Boosh.

Isn't this thread supposed to be about starting something new at TCF Stadium, not starting the same old fights between Becky and Gopher fans? Enough, let's get back to the topic at hand (and the Becky fans can go elsewhere since we don't really need their input on this one). I think it's a great idea and good for the people trying to get it going.

Damn I was rocking this song in college. Damn, meaning damn I'm old.

Are we seriously having this argument? I'm all about insulting Wisconsin and all, but I had a blast at the game in Camp Randall last year, and a lot of that has to do with the atmosphere and, yes, even 'Jump Around' was fun (plus, I always enjoy the fact that of every hip-hop/rap song out there, Wisconsin just happened to pick one of the .05% of them performed by a bunch of white guys). The fans care, they get in to the game, and in my limited experience they're not even that horrible to Gopher fans.
I'll be very happy if the gameday experience at TCF can continue to match up favorably with the atmosphere in Madison (and I'll be THRILLED that I can get that experience 8 times a year without having to spend any more time than necessary in Wisconsin).

On a semi-related note, does anyone else ever get the opening of 'On Wisconsin' stuck in their head, with the original lyrics? I can't speak for anyone else, but I'd thoroughly enjoy a stadium-wide sing along to that song every time Bucky is in town.

"Jump around" is one of the stupidest things in college football.

Clearly you're just fishing for Badger fans with this comment, but come on...to claim that the Jump Around tradition is stupid is just...well...stupid. If you're a fan of college football, you should be a fan of "Jump Around", "Dotting the I" and the Sooner Schooner. College football and its traditions are awesome whether they are yours or not.

Clearly you're just fishing for Badger fans with this comment, but come on...to claim that the Jump Around tradition is stupid is just...well...stupid. If you're a fan of college football, you should be a fan of "Jump Around", "Dotting the I" and the Sooner Schooner. College football and its traditions are awesome whether they are yours or not.

based on this and previous posts from you........i am pretty sure i am starting to smell a troll disguised as a gophers fan

Part of college football is to be unimpressed with other school's traditions. Give me the rotating M over dotting the I any day. How hard can it be to spell out Ohio? It's just 4 letters! :D Other school's traditions are their own business. I was watching the BTN, and they had a program on the tradition of touching the banner at Michigan games. I had no idea that was considered a major tradition. It seems kind of lame to me, but then again, I'm not a Michigan fan.

We get some posters who insist that we drop our traditions because some fans of our opponents don't like them. I don't care a bit whether they like them, if they dislike them, so much the better.

I think we're going to see a lot of proto-traditions getting started, mostly by students. Some of them will stick.

sooner schooner was started in 1964
dotting the i started in 1936
jump around came out in 1992

one of these things is not like the others...

sooner schooner was started in 1964
dotting the i started in 1936
jump around came out in 1992

one of these things is not like the others...

I knew this would be someone's response. New traditions are started all the time (Gopher Victory Walk anyone?). Just because Jump Around is now ONLY 17 years old doesn't make it a bad tradition. College football is AWESOME because of traditions and rituals all around the country whether a century old or from within the last 10 years.

If it isn't possible to start cool new traditions, why are we even discussing an end of the 3rd quarter song for the Gophers? We just shouldn't bother doing anything new and cool and fun I guess... :rolleyes:

Oh, and be sure to tell the band not to bother with their big ideas this year - there's no sense in having any "new traditions"...

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/modules.php?name=News&file=print&sid=1034

As much as i hate the drunken sconnies I do love doing jump around in their student section.

The thing I do hate and think is the most annoying thing in the world is when that puppet voice comes on over their loud speaker and says "First and 10 Wis-con-sin"

Jump Around is a really swell tradition.

It is quite frightening to think that the Badgers "got lyrics" and we "ain't got none".

Madison is a terrible city, and extremely overrated in every social aspect, but Jump Around was fun.

Top Bottom