The money's going on Iowa

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
Line started this morning at Iowa -1.5, now it's up to Iowa -2.5. Not sure what that means, other than on a neutral court the Gophers would be a slight favorite.

Iowa is favored because they are playing at home, a significant advantage in college basketball.

Goldy has played one road game, a 1-point win over a woeful Colorado St. squad. Still much to prove.

I agree with both of you, though I'd stop short of calling Colorado State woeful. Average or slightly below average, yes, but not woeful. High Point, now that's woeful.

Am not surprised, just pointing out who the betting public is liking at this point.

Iowa is favored because they are playing at home, a significant advantage in college basketball.
I bet this is complete news to Hodger. ;)

I admit I thought the line would be Gophers -4 or so ... but I'm a converted homer after Louisville and tOSU. I think home court is.considered a 3-point advantage so I'd expect Gophers -7 on a neutral court or -10 in the Barn. Vegas is saying Gophers -1/2 on neutral floor or -3.5 at home I guess.

Top Bottom