The Lowest Get-In: $240

fmlizard

Reaction score
Currently the lowest get-in price for this weekend's Axe game is $240. For perspective, you can also choose meaningful rivalry week football games in much more hospitable conditions on StubHub for the following games/prices:

Oklahoma @ OK St: $135
Ohio St @ Michigan: $130
Alabama @ Auburn: $113
Florida St @ Florida: $100

For all those who wondered if people would care if the Gophers ever got good, if this was actually a great job/team/program if it won more games, if this could be a team in the spotlight again....we have our answer.

FYI Those stadiums all hold about 100,000 people, still doesnt diminish what we got going on in Minnesota.

Isn't $250 the cheapest season ticket? At that price it's buy 1 game get the other 6 for free.

I've seen quite a few students who are mad about the cost of tickets. They had the chance to buy $100 season tickets and passed them up. If you don't want to pay attention to the Gophers until they are good you don't deserve cheap tickets. It's nice to see the season ticket holders get a great deal and save some money. Hopefully this translates to season ticket sales next year and no more games where the stadium is a third full because it's too cold or the opponent is bad.

Didn’t think I was going to be able to go to the game, so I didn’t buy tickets when I could afford them. Now I can go, and would like to take my son, but I can’t afford to. My stupid bad! And I’m more glad than mad that the tickets are so pricey now. Our Gophers rock!

I may be willing to spend about $250, but living 2 hours away with the forecast..

Who is buying these tickets for that much? I have to assume it's not Wisconians since they had to give back 600 tix

for the first time ever, I truly think if Fleck is here for 10-15 years we will have serious talks about expanding the stadium.

I’ve also come to the conclusion that MSP isn’t so much a Vikings town as it is a football town. The Vikings will always be #1 but the Gopher football team is easily #2 when we are good.

Isn't $250 the cheapest season ticket? At that price it's buy 1 game get the other 6 for free.

I've seen quite a few students who are mad about the cost of tickets. They had the chance to buy $100 season tickets and passed them up. If you don't want to pay attention to the Gophers until they are good you don't deserve cheap tickets. It's nice to see the season ticket holders get a great deal and save some money. Hopefully this translates to season ticket sales next year and no more games where the stadium is a third full because it's too cold or the opponent is bad.
Yep, I’ve been spending the whole week laughing at students scrambling for tickets and offering as much as the cost of a season ticket. I tried to tell ‘em.

I paid $155 each (before fees) on two good upper level seats on Saturday afternoon prior to the Gameday announcement. By Sunday morning the get in price before fees was up to $240. It spiked in a hurry

Just imagine what Rose Bowl ticket prices will be if MN and Utah are both in. Will be sky-high.

Go Gophers!!

I wonder with the bad weather if a bunch of tickets hit Stub Hub and drop those prices a bit. I’m hoping so..,

Rose Bowl seats are already $400/each. If gophers are in.. I wouldn’t be surprised at $750/each

Rose Bowl seats are already $400/each. If gophers are in.. I wouldn’t be surprised at $750/each
That is ridiculous. I would seriously be thinking about trying to go if we win this weekend...But considering hotel + airfare on top of that...Yikes.

That is ridiculous. I would seriously be thinking about trying to go if we win this weekend...But considering hotel + airfare on top of that...Yikes.

I mean, it could be the first Rose Bowl for us in 50+ years. It really wouldn't be that surprising to see the cost go there.

I mean, it could be the first Rose Bowl for us in 50+ years. It really wouldn't be that surprising to see the cost go there.

Darren Rovell was talking about potential bowl matchups and he said if MN played Utah in the Rose Bowl, it will be some of the highest priced tickets for any non national championship game in a long time. He said the combination of the two programs will travel exceptionally well for this game. He also thinks we'd have 2x as many fans at the Rose Bowl as we would at a CFP semifinal game.

Let's say you don't like bad weather. Let's also say you have two tickets to the Wisconsin game. Would you eat $500 worth of tickets because you don't like to wear a coat and winter hat? With the secondary ticket market having been driven so high for this game, I'm convinced the place will be packed regardless of the weather.

Darren Rovell was talking about potential bowl matchups and he said if MN played Utah in the Rose Bowl, it will be some of the highest priced tickets for any non national championship game in a long time. He said the combination of the two programs will travel exceptionally well for this game. He also thinks we'd have 2x as many fans at the Rose Bowl as we would at a CFP semifinal game.

Oh, totally agree. I would anticipate tickets being quite expensive. I'll be willing to cough up quite a bit to see the Gophers in the Rose Bowl.

You can buy one or more tickets for Saturday's game for $160 on ESPN (Vivid Seats?). I can see where some people are looking at the weather and thinking about the bowl game costs.

Top Bottom