The list down to 1

Indiana Gopher

Indiana Gopher
Reaction score
Systematically, I have run my list of potential hires from a list of 15 in early November to 2 on Thursday. The list originally included a bunch of big names--Patterson, Harbaugh, and Petersen, some other BCS coaches--Mullen and Edsall, some up-and-comers--Hoke, Calhoun and Niumatololo, and some marginal candidates--Trestman and Sumlin. Slowly but surely it's been whittled down to 1...our new head coach...Jerry Kill!

I would be quite excited if we were able to lure some of the names still being tossed around--many of those noted above would be great for the program (Trestman and Sumlin aside), as would Al Golden (who was the last peson eliminated from my original list) or Bob Stoops (oh, how I would love it if he was the guy we were "surprised was interested") or Mike Stoops. I just can't wrap myself around the idea that any of them would come to the U (maybe years of hope and dreaming of Rose Bowls and Big Ten Championships have beaten me down to not get my hopes too high--most true Gopher fans I would think can empathize).

Jerry Kill would be a great hire! A solid hire! Maybe even a Kill-shot! (pun intended) His season ended yesterday. Sign him up, lock him up, and let him roll!

I agree with the OP. I would prefer a higher profile hire that would generate, credibility, wins and "the buzz". However, if we hire Kill we would have a guy that wins, has a group of coaches that would come with him, knows the midwest.

I agree with the OP. I would prefer a higher profile hire that would generate, credibility, wins and "the buzz". However, if we hire Kill we would have a guy that wins, has a group of coaches that would come with him, knows the midwest.

Yes, he coached a wonderful game last night and looked pretty old doing it.

They could do a lot worse. I could live with Kill as the coach. I agree with ButchNashGuy though, I don't know that his hiring would generate much buzz or sell many tickets.

It think it's going to be Steve Spurrier. Maturi wanted a Tubby like hire and Spurrier is coming here after they beat up Auburn!

My best MSP Sports Reporter WAG (wild a** guess), Mullen or Riley named Gopher HC in an announcement on Monday. No "inside" information, just a gut feeling...or maybe it's last night's burrito that I'm misinterpreting. However, I could live with Kill and his staff and would welcome the coaching staff stability that he would likely bring.

It think it's going to be Steve Spurrier. Maturi wanted a Tubby like hire and Spurrier is coming here after they beat up Auburn!

Even if this wasn't completely insane for football reasons, Spurrier will never live anywhere he can't play golf 12 months a year. I also don't think he'll coach more then 5 more years or so. He's never leaving SC unless Urban Meyer retires again.

This hire would do nothing for the Gopher program. It would not sell tickets. It would not generate any buzz for the program. I can't believe a ni coach would help recruiting. Maybe he would be a good coach on a higher level but please not HERE.

This hire would do nothing for the Gopher program. It would not sell tickets. It would not generate any buzz for the program. I can't believe a ni coach would help recruiting. Maybe he would be a good coach on a higher level but please not HERE.

Plus the dude has serious health issues. This is not a big hire - if they hire this guy - they were told "no thanks" but at least 10 other candidates. :(

I'm not big on Kill at all either. While I don't think he's the worst candidate, he's not in the same league as Hoke, Calhoun, Golden, etc. He hasn't exactly raced up the coaching ranks. Combine this with his health, etc and this isn't going to excite the masses one bit.

Systematically, I have run my list of potential hires from a list of 15 in early November to 2 on Thursday. The list originally included a bunch of big names--Patterson, Harbaugh, and Petersen, some other BCS coaches--Mullen and Edsall, some up-and-comers--Hoke, Calhoun and Niumatololo, and some marginal candidates--Trestman and Sumlin. Slowly but surely it's been whittled down to 1...our new head coach...Jerry Kill!

I would be quite excited if we were able to lure some of the names still being tossed around--many of those noted above would be great for the program (Trestman and Sumlin aside), as would Al Golden (who was the last peson eliminated from my original list) or Bob Stoops (oh, how I would love it if he was the guy we were "surprised was interested") or Mike Stoops. I just can't wrap myself around the idea that any of them would come to the U (maybe years of hope and dreaming of Rose Bowls and Big Ten Championships have beaten me down to not get my hopes too high--most true Gopher fans I would think can empathize).

Jerry Kill would be a great hire! A solid hire! Maybe even a Kill-shot! (pun intended) His season ended yesterday. Sign him up, lock him up, and let him roll!

This guy nailed it.

+10000000000000000000000 :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Awesome.

Top Bottom