The last first down impressed me the most

Mark in Chicago

Reaction score
When they needed a first down to put away the game they pushed the whole Auburn line back 5+yards! Auburn was outplayed, beaten by a better team and they knew it.

The first down on the last drive on 4th down pass to TE was unbelievable, great decision to not leave it up to our special teams to punt and cover and hope they don't pull off a miracle drive.

When they needed a first down to put away the game they pushed the whole Auburn line back 5+yards! Auburn was outplayed, beaten by a better team and they knew it.
It didn't impress me more than those one handed grabs, but when they moved that pile I went, "Oh, my God!"

the entire last drive that ran out the clock was impressive. I was at the game and watched the rerun today and that one announce couldn't stop talking about the Auburn players-- could tell he was disappointed in the result

It didn't impress me more than those one handed grabs, but when they moved that pile I went, "Oh, my God!"
I thought "holy crap, that was impressive!" They really wanted to seal the victory.

the entire last drive that ran out the clock was impressive. I was at the game and watched the rerun today and that one announcer couldn't stop talking about the Auburn players-- could tell he was disappointed in the result
"Greatest defense in the history of football". On every play, even this game. It was sickening. The sideline guy was worse, they finally cut him off.

They looked for every reason to deny Johnson his catch. The ref on the back line had it dialed in the entire way, and the announcing team never mentioned it and basically refused to even admit he was on the field. Ridiculous.

Mo Ibrahim is so fun to watch..such strong legs...such a low center of gravity. Love it that we have him back next year.

"Greatest defense in the history of football". On every play, even this game. It was sickening. The sideline guy was worse, they finally cut him off.

They looked for every reason to deny Johnson his catch. The ref on the back line had it dialed in the entire way, and the announcing team never mentioned it and basically refused to even admit he was on the field. Ridiculous.

Look I know it is the Minnesota way to look for signs of disrespect but could not disagree with you more on the TJ touchdown. Watching it on TV it didn't look like there was any chance he got the foot down inbounds. But after it started looking like it might actually have been a catch the announcers were just fine in their analysis.

I watched the whole game and had no issue with the announcers. Auburn was more of a name brand, and Brown is going to be a top pick in the draft. Plus the game was on ESPN so naturally their leaning is going to be towards the SEC. But they were very complimentary of the Gophers throughout the game.

On the subject of the final drive - was so glad we went for it on 4th down. Was awesome to see the offense make the plays needed to win the game as opposed to relying on the special teams or defense to get it done.

That final first down was a thing of beauty. Mo goes into the scrum well short of the first down and then his effort and that of the guys up front (especially Kieft and Andries) moves the pile a good 7 yards after the initial contact. They were not going to be denied.

I think a lot was set up by the time of possession in the first.

We had them worn down.

My comment on Mo's first down run was "that's the definition of 'Want Too'"

that's how you finish the dang game when you have the lead! suck the air and will right out of the apposing team!

That last drive was amazing. They ran sixteen plays, and took 8:38 off the clock. I would guess Auburn’s coaches were thinking they’d get the ball back at least once. Nope.

The "Row the Boat" chant before that final first down was epic.

Top Bottom