The Journey: Ben Johnson Returns To Minnesota

Nice share. Ben does has the right leadership trait in surrounding himself around certain people and understanding exactly what he wants. That will lead and help in the recruiting trail. It will lead to less misses as well.

Thanks - gives me a better picture of Coach and helps explain why the team has been so successful. Some random thoughts
1. Glad the U offered him a fair salary and did not try to lowball it.
2. Why did it take so long for him to get a head coaching job? I recall he was not chosen at the interview just prior to Mn. Just needed a chance to show what he could do.
3. Like the comment on surrounding himself with the right people. Will be interesting if Gopher success gives a shot at top local talent that may not have the right attitude.
4. Coach indicated he wanted to make the team from scratch, wonder if this played a role in some of the former players leaving?

Nice share. Ben does has the right leadership trait in surrounding himself around certain people and understanding exactly what he wants. That will lead and help in the recruiting trail. It will lead to less misses as well.
"I'm pretty pick with who I surround myself with"

Yep, that really stood out to me.

Top Bottom