The Jim Rome Show: P.J. Fleck on Luke Fickell Poaching Paul Haynes from Minnesota; Fleck says his job is to develop, talks teaching elementary school

There's always a spectrum. You're talking about one (absurd) end of it, and Fleck went much more towards the other end. What about somewhere in the middle?

Watch this:

"Michael was a tremendous player for the 2022 Gophers defense, and he is a tremendous young man. He made a decision for personal reasons to leave our program, and I won't get into those reasons, but I appreciate the effort he gave our program while he was out there, and I wish him well."

Was that so hard? :cautious:
Yes because it's standard procedure to not talk about players not in the program.

I doubt it moves the needle for recruits. Zero reason to highlight transferring players any more than necessary. Doesn’t show that he doesn’t care about them, but he doesn’t need to thank them for a year or two of service when he probably would’ve liked to have used the scholarship on a player that was committed for four or five.
OK.

We can agree to disagree. Obviously Fleck agrees with you. (y)

(Aside:

I'm not sure there is such a thing anymore as a player who is willing to commit to a program for four or five years if he isn't the starter by year three.)

I remember the good old days when no one wanted to hire our assistant coaches.
You'd think ol' Grinnin Glen would have lost his O-Line and RB coaches at least twice over his tenure given the performance they put up.

Now on the Defensive side, we could have used a lot of fresh blood to see if we could get off the bottom. As I recall the 1999 D was our best under that regime.

(Aside:

I'm not sure there is such a thing anymore as a player who is willing to commit to a program for four or five years if he isn't the starter by year three.)
There are, but they’re becoming less common for sure. I think local kids are more willing to wait.

Top Bottom