"The Hoff" on "The Journey"

boston.gopher

Reaction score
On the most recent episode of "The Journey" Blake was reminicing about sitting in the upper deck with his dad watching games as a kid and imagining himself out on the court as well. This was a classic piece about the Barn that gave me goose bumps thinking about my identical memories. I used to work for the athletic department as a college student and had the opportunity to play a pick up game on the court once and sit in the empty arena multiple times. This just reminded me how lucky we are to have such a special and unique place to watch and cheer for our team.

On the most recent episode of "The Journey" Blake was reminicing about sitting in the upper deck with his dad watching games as a kid and imagining himself out on the court as well. This was a classic piece about the Barn that gave me goose bumps thinking about my identical memories. I used to work for the athletic department as a college student and had the opportunity to play a pick up game on the court once and sit in the empty arena multiple times. This just reminded me how lucky we are to have such a special and unique place to watch and cheer for our team.

Back in the day we played a few intramural games at the barn. What a blast. I doubt that happens anymore, I wonder when they stopped using Williams for intramural games?

Echo.

When I was growing up watching the Gophers I had they same exact feelings as you guys, and I'm sure many on this board as well. I dreamed of once being on that court, hearing the crowd, playing for my favorite team, etc. This dream never came to fruition, however, I was invited to a shoot around at Williams arena during Holiday Break in the 2004/2005 NCAA season.

It was so much fun! I remember being weak legged and I'd be lying if I didn't admit to air mailing a few jumpers in front of the guys.

I potentially would not be at the U of M if it weren't for The Barn, nothing can beat it.

As a Freshman during the 84/85 school year, we got to play ~5 intramural games in Williams Arena. It was awesome. The court was very springy. Loved taking the tunnel system from Cooke Hall to the Barn. Sophomore year we only played there once. The rest of the time we were stuck in cold and dusty Cooke Hall gyms or the fieldhouse.

Great show

I love the job "The Journey" does in capturing the true atmosphere of the game. The multiple camera angles, wide shots, etc. really paint a pretty good picture of the energy/emotions of a big Big Ten game.

Great show.

I've never played basketball at the Barn, but I once scored a hat trick at Mariucci. That was pretty sweet.

They were using The Barn for IM ball as recently as 2005. I have HS friends who played there (I believe it was the IM Championship game) in '05.

They were using The Barn for IM ball as recently as 2005. I have HS friends who played there (I believe it was the IM Championship game) in '05.

Then it must have been between '05 and '07 that they made the switch. As far as I can remember, we used the gym/Cooke courts for IM basketball in 2007.

Top Bottom