The Heisman -- Who ya Got?

Stan The Caddy

Reaction score
Simple thread. If you had a Heisman Vote, list your top 5 in order. I have been an RGIII guy all year long and think he is clearly the best COLLEGE football player this year. Look at what he as done for Baylor. I am not into career achievement awards and do not like that Andrew Luck has basically been handed the trophy this year by the media.

1. Robert Griffin III
2. Trent Richardson
3. Matt Barkley
4. Montee Ball
5. Andrew Luck

Montee Ball, he's got more yards, a better yards per carry ave and more TD's than Richardson.

Griffin III. He's not only the best player this year, but the most valuable. He's played well all year long, including in their losses. Take him away and Baylor isn't even a bowl team in my opinion.

I hate that he is a Badger but I really don't get why Montee Ball isn't getting more love for the Heisman. Like MKAZ pointed out he is better then Richardson in almost every category yet according to ESPN's ranking Richardson is #1 and Ball is #6 and the gap between them is huge.

I would be fine with RG3 getting the Heisman. Dude is the main reason Baylor is nationally ranked and having a great year. Today's loss probably take Case Keenum out of the race even though he does have very good numbers albeit against weaker competition.

I saw it live and was wondering the same, then they showed the replay later (surprise.. later) with definitive proof he left go before the line. How did the ref standing RIGHT THERE not make that call or at least bring it up for review??

My picks:

1. Luck
2. RGIII
3. Barkley
4. Mathieu
5. Ball/Richardson (can't pick but I think BOTH are products of the line, system, and tons of carriers against weaker teams, not pure talent and value to team)

1. RGIII
2. Barkley
3. Luck
4. Ball/Richardson

It'll be really interesting to see how the voting plays out. I don't think Ball gets many votes unless he goes nuts tonight. He has impressive numbers but Wisconsin hasn't been in the spotlight much, so those outside of the midwest haven't seen him. Same argument could be said of RGIII but I really like his swagger, and that OKlahoma game was fantastic.

1) RGIII
2) Luck
3) Keenum
4) Ball
5) Richardson
6) Weeden

Jordan Wettstein

RGIII
Luck
Ball
Honey Badger
Barkley

I am usually sooo bored of Heisman talk/speculation by this time of year but I think it's fasicinating this season. Many more legitimate candidates than most years that I remember.

Sorry, but if you look at their competition, his value to his team, and his raw ability, it's Luck and no one else even close.

Sorry, but if you look at their competition, his value to his team, and his raw ability, it's Luck and no one else even close.

Ummm...apply your criteria to RGIII. There is no way you can say, "and no one else is close." You take RGIII off of Baylor and they might win 4 games. Might. In terms of competition, Baylor played Oklahoma State, Oklahoma, Kansas State, Texas and TCU. Stanford played Oregon and USC. The Big 12 is superior to the Pac 12 this year and that is one thing without argument.

disagree. As a group Texas, Oklahoma, and TCU are no better than Cal, USC, and Notre Dame. No better.

disagree. As a group Texas, Oklahoma, and TCU are no better than Cal, USC, and Notre Dame. No better.

Why do you pick out just those? All games matter, win or lose. Griffin III played very well all year long in wins and losses. You compare their stats and they are pretty similar. And then when you look at their overall schedules, Baylor played tougher competition. Potential in the NFL shouldn't play into this at all.

Isn't the Heisman partially about character? If that is true, you CANNOT give it to the Honey Badger whenever he failed a drug test mid-season.

Are you serious right now? You are just cherry-picking 3 random opponents of each team? Impressive argument Highway. Cal? Cal is awful. You just randomly decide to leave off Oregon on the Stanford side and Okie State and K-State on the Baylor side? As GophersInIowa said, Baylor played a more difficult schedule. According to Sagarin Stanford's schedule was 36th and Baylor's was 8th.

RGIII or Ball.

Ball put up monster #'s this year.

Fair or not, I just have a feeling Barkley won't get the nod due to USC being on probation. Probably should've have a large effect on voters, but I think it will. Also, despite missing a few games, LaMichael James has put up some pretty impressive numbers.

RGIII
Luck
Richardson
Ball
Barkley/R. Wilson?

Top Bottom