The Gophers have not had a 300-yard passer in nearly 700 days

Bummer but not the end of the world IMO and a little happenstance plays into it.

But that stat has an extra kick in the pants there with AK.

But a sunny side with Iowa ;)

Since arriving in 2017, P.J. Fleck has led teams that try to win with a run-first offense.

I renew my objection to this general statement with the fact that ... you call the plays the players can make. We saw last year ... couldn't make those plays.

If anything USC who ran for 6+ yards a carry against us a few weeks ago ... and inexplicably chose to throw time and again should tell you what happens when you try to FORCE passing into happening.

Last year if we had tried to force the offense to pass a lot. I don’t know if we win a game.

Last edited:

300 yard passers don't wear Gopher uniforms very often...
Mitch Leidner passed for 250 yards or more in four straight games to tie Mike Hohensee
who did it in 1982.
Leidner in 2015:
Nebraska 301 yards passing
Michigan 317 yards passing
Ohio St. 281 yards passing
Iowa 259 yards passing
Best Gopher passing stretch vs big time opponents ever? Likely

Weber had 250 yards or more 14 times in his career...school record
He passed for 300 yards 6 times and 400 yards once
Weber also owns a Big Ten record for most career offensive plays (1,992)

And NW who throws hasn’t done it since earlier in 2022 (Hilinski in sept). They also haven’t had a 200 yd rusher since 2021 (MN 4x with Taylor, Nubin and Mox2). Idk why we fall in love with 300 yards passing so much. Often it means you’re losing like Morgan throwing for 368 when we lost to Iowa and 296 when we lost to Wisconsin in 2019

Top Bottom