The Gophers can learn about creative play calling from the Packers-Vikings game today.

hungan1

Reaction score
Today's Vikings-Packers game is turning into a classic. The Gophers OC can learn a lot by watching this game.

On a third and one play developing to the right, the Vikings TE Conklin had released from his blocking duty. He caught a Cousin's pass who was scrambling to his right. It was well-executed and resulted in a first down.

There was a third-down play where Aaron Rogers handed the ball over to the fullback running to his left. The fullback did an option play toss at the last minute to a WR (Marquess Valdez) to stretch the Vikings Defense and that resulted in a first down.

There are a few more.

IIRC, Kirk Ciarrocca regularly reviews a lot of football games (college and pros) to mine creative plays.

IMHO, creative play calling like these could have rejuvenated some of the gophers' stale offensive woes.

This is just my two bits.

BTW, Devondre Campbell is a monster for Green By.

Yes, Vikings weren't afraid to open it up a bit today. More than likely the difference in the game. They are clearly a good team when operating on all cylinders. Got a huge break just before the two- minute warning though.

Yes, Vikings weren't afraid to open it up a bit today. More than likely the difference in the game. They are clearly a good team when operating on all cylinders. Got a huge break just before the two- minute warning though.
Break? You mean the interception that was dropped?

That dropped interception kind of evened out when Osborn couldn't catch the ball before the half. Both of those balls touched the ground and we all thought both were caught.

Today's Vikings-Packers game is turning into a classic. The Gophers OC can learn a lot by watching this game.

On a third and one play developing to the right, the Vikings TE Conklin had released from his blocking duty. He caught a Cousin's pass who was scrambling to his right. It was well-executed and resulted in a first down.

There was a third-down play where Aaron Rogers handed the ball over to the fullback running to his left. The fullback did an option play toss at the last minute to a WR (Marquess Valdez) to stretch the Vikings Defense and that resulted in a first down.

There are a few more.

IIRC, Kirk Ciarrocca regularly reviews a lot of football games (college and pros) to mine creative plays.

IMHO, creative play calling like these could have rejuvenated some of the gophers' stale offensive woes.

This is just my two bits.

This play was even better than that, they motioned Randall Cobb into the "FB" spot and he was essentially the QB on the option. Cobb was a fantastic college QB.

Also - Adams and Jefferson are really good.

This play was even better than that, they motioned Randall Cobb into the "FB" spot and he was essentially the QB on the option. Cobb was a fantastic college QB.

Also - Adams and Jefferson are really good.
I forgot about that play.

why-why-why.gif

Top Bottom