The Good News

GopherNation

Reaction score
The Gophers play 7 more games this year all against unranked teams. Although some games will be tough, I have to think the Gophers will be favored in every game. The tough schedule we played early on in the season is now turning in our favor.

It wasn't pretty today, but newsflash OSU is 24-0. They are a tough team.

The Gophers play 7 more games this year all against unranked teams. Although some games will be tough, I have to think the Gophers will be favored in every game. The tough schedule we played early on in the season is now turning in our favor.

so your thinking is they should be favored in the last 7 games therefore they will win?

gn

I doubt we will be favored in any of the 3 road games and possibly not the Illinois game. I believe we were favored over both Virginia and Indiana and how did those games turn out?

Good news is not allowed, the board is in Official Melt-Down mode. Therefore, we will likely lose all our remaining games, Tubby will resign or be fired and we will announce that we have no intention of ever building a practice facility. We will hire Todd Licklighter as the new coach and our goal will be to make the NIT from now on.

so your thinking is they should be favored in the last 7 games therefore they will win?

No. But I don't think the Gophers are getting enough credit. They have only had 2 bad losses all year (Indiana, Virginia). Let's not forget about their other 16 wins. I think they will have a great chance to win in each one of the next 7 games.

We haven't looked very good the last couple of games but that doesn't mean the season is over. We've lost several key players and the team and strategy need to be adjusted. What I hope to see and some comments:
1. Rodney needs to be more aggressive. He actually started to be more aggressive on offense in the last 3 minutes of the game and should do this all of the time. He should have some easy drives and/or get free throws - especially against the weaker teams.
2. Trevor has been a non-factor the last two games. What is going on with him? We NEED his rebounding and scoring.
3. All of the big guys need to be more aggressive down low. OSU matches up pretty well, but our bigs should all be scoring in the paint against the smaller teams.
4. Chip is a spark off the bench, he needs to play more. Hollins is also doing pretty well. Not sure of this but if Chip could play PG to put Hoff back at SG, Hollins can sub in for Williams.
5. Iverson does get some ridiculous calls against him.
6. This is not why we lost the game, but I swear the visiting teams fare better from the referees than we do as the home team. Sullinger's elbows were flying. I never see any over the back calls anymore, why is that?
7. Hoff is a true leader and most reliable player on the team.
8. Our defense was pretty good today. Not great, but not the reason for the loss.

I'm frustrated but trust in Tubby and the team. Go Gophers!

No. But I don't think the Gophers are getting enough credit. They have only had 2 bad losses all year (Indiana, Virginia). Let's not forget about their other 16 wins. I think they will have a great chance to win in each one of the next 7 games.

and the have only 3 good wins (North Carolina, West Virginia and Purdue). they don't really deseve that much credit.

Top Bottom