The game-day experience

CP Gopher

Reaction score
There are many complaints, even from myself. Parking, traffic, etc. But the experience of having to enter that giant bubble downtown was far worse than what we have now.

I'm not sure why people complain so much. It's far more fun to go to the games now than it was during the dome years. I think if they relaxed some their policies surrounding tailgating, made it easier to get into the stadium and won some games we'd feel a lot better. Seriously, we've won a total of 5 out of 14 home games in the last two years and one of them felt like a loss (SDSU). Essentially we've left the stadium ticked off 10 times in the last two years. If we win our nonconference home games and take 2 out of 2 the rest of the way at home, I think a lot of the whining will disappear.

Well, you knew there were going to be kinks with the new stadium experience... especially the large-scale logistics stuff like parking, traffic, ticketing, concessions, etc.

But it is important to note that our second season (other than the football team itself) went a lot more smoothly than the first, and there's no reason to think that things won't get better this year (aside from all the craziness of LRT construction - which is out of the hands of the athletic department).

Fresh air and the Big Ten. Nothing to complain about. Unless your from Iowa and got your pig taken away!

Top Bottom