The Four Recruits Explain Why They Chose University of Minnesota

Bfan

Reaction score
G Amaya Battle: "Minnesota has a family environment with the team and the coaching staff which I really liked. Also, the fact that Nia, Mara and Mallory stayed here as well and that all four of us could really be a part of something special by turning the program. I also thought that us four committing to the U could start a trend of more top athletes staying home to play for the U. Lastly, academically the U fit my needs. I want to major in psychology and their psychology program is ranked top 10 in the nation."

G Mara Braun: "I've been a Gopher fan since I was little. It's important to me to stay home and continue to play in front of friends and family. I respect Coach Whalen and the entire coaching staff. I'm also excited to come in with the other commits in the 2022 class that I've played with and against for a couple of years."

F Mallory Heyer: "I chose the University of Minnesota because I wanted to represent and play for my home state. I loved the campus, coaches, players, and everything that the University of Minnesota has to offer both academically and athletically. I wanted to play in a competitive conference and the Big 10 offers that. I also chose Minnesota because I wanted to be a part of something special under the leadership of Coach Whalen."

F Niamya Holloway: "There are many reasons I chose University of Minnesota, but the main factor was because it felt like home. I have a great relationship with the amazing coaching staff, and they have made me feel so special and welcome. I am also incredibly close with my family, and I don’t know if I would be able to play somewhere where they don’t have the opportunity to watch every game in person. Lastly, I chose the U because I want to be a part of something special! With my recruiting class coming in I believe we can make a huge difference and play a role in the great program that those before us have built!"

2022 Recruits Roster

Top Bottom