The First Bracket - Obama's Picks

GopherGold

Reaction score
<object width="440" height="361"><param name="movie" value="http://espn.go.com/broadband/player.swf?mediaId=3992869"/><param name="wmode" value="transparent"/><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/><embed src="http://espn.go.com/broadband/player.swf?mediaId=3992869" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="440" height="361" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed></object>

No love for MN :(

Why should he love MN, he has to put up with Michelle Bachmann?

Ok - I think I have a new celebrity crush...a president that can talk hoops (and he knows his stuff), that's HOT!

GL, I am not going to say he is HOT, (my reputation is at stake on that, I am not that creepy) but I will say that I admired his knowledge of the NCAA teams. It was fun to see the President of the United States of America talk like common folk like you and me in something that is of interest for the entire nation.

GO GOPHERS!!!! And Go Big 10.

Not only does he know his college hoops, he knows and watches College Football as well. He said while in office, he eventually wants to push for playoffs in College Football instead of the messed up BCS system in place.

He actually knew details about teams, injuries, coaches, etc. I would think he would be too busy to keep up with that. The fact that he's running the country, and is still going to try to catch some games, makes him just like any of us! I also loved it when, during his campaign, he said he would implement a playoff system if he could. Wise man!

Impressive

Agree Gopher Lady. As mostly a "righty" myself I must say a very impressive presentation by President Obama. I don't think he had that information fed to him by his PR staff. He clearly knew his stuff, names of the coaches, injury situations, etc., and didn't I hear him refer to Duke as the "Dukies" on one occasion? Gotta' like it.

Obama knows his stuff, his brother in law coaches at Oregon St. Obama knows basketball like W followed baseball.

Barackology!

I particularly enjoyed him admonishing UNC for failing him last year. Think they'll crack under the pressure?

I think he's terrific. Cool dude. And an excellent basketball man.

You people are acting like the President is a robot..

Bush knew more about baseball than a lot of fans--considering he was part owner of the Rangers before he took over office.

Obama seemed to be reiterating what anyone who watches ESPN could have. He clearly is interested in basketball, so he should have opinions..

Why is everybody falling in love with a guy that picked Texas to beat the Gophers?

You have to overlook the small things grunkie. He's a great guy. Just amazing. It's so cool that he's interested in basketball even though the Gophers are not number one in his heart.

It's cool that he's laid back enough to do a bracket, but seriously he has far, far more pressing matters at hand. I can't wait until his celebrity status is done and he will focus more on the economy than SportsCenter.

FWIW, the Pope and Hugo Chavez are going to clean up in thier pool. :)

How can the Pope win anything? Notre Dame isn't in.

Doesn't the off topic board fulfill this need bga?

I said how cool he is! I can't speak for coach K. In fact I'm dissapointed he would criticize Obama- I love his picks!

Did he need the teleprompter to make his picks?

Either way, whatever he says is awesome.

He is my American Idol forever.

didnt see the actual clip

I said how cool he is! I can't speak for coach K. In fact I'm dissapointed he would criticize Obama- I love his picks!

Hard to say what Coach K's intonation was from reading the quote. he could have just been ribbing the Prez. no big deal either way.

Did he need the teleprompter to make his picks?

Either way, whatever he says is awesome.

He is my American Idol forever.

uh oh SW55 - I got deleted for a teleprompter quip. You recovered nicely with the "awesome" line however. Isn't he great when you think about it? I can't imagine a guy who's a bigger hero or who has done more for America. I hope all but his Gopher picks come true for him.

This is an Obama lovefest...goodness..please talk Gophers basketball :)

Seriously. he's going to ba at the NATO freakin summit and he is going to make it a priority to stay up until 2 am to watch the final! is college basketball really that important that he would stay up until the wee hours to watch the finals at the NATO summit when we are in the middle of a global recession.

run the country please, TIVO the finals.

Seriously. he's going to ba at the NATO freakin summit and he is going to make it a priority to stay up until 2 am to watch the final! is college basketball really that important that he would stay up until the wee hours to watch the finals at the NATO summit when we are in the middle of a global recession.

run the country please, TIVO the finals.

Perhaps you missed what he actually said, where he basically said that he would at most be able to "sneak a peek" at some of the games. They have DirecTV in Air Force One, Tivo or something like that is not out of the question.

Coach K probably isn't an Obama fan, thinks he's in over his head, etc., and just took the opportunity to rip him a bit. I'd do the same thing.

Top Bottom