The fighting illini

Reaction score
Will have trouble with us. Not guaranteeing a win but we could actually roll them. The match up favors us.

Ahhh I remember saying that before the Dakota game...

Will have trouble with us. Not guaranteeing a win but we could actually roll them. The match up favors us.

Please tell me what it is you are taking, cuz I want some. I want to see the color of the sky in your world. Is it possible? Maybe. But geez, have you been watching this group this season? "Roll on them?" "match up favors us?" You must be tripping.

They are the #20 rushing team in the country and have 2 quality running backs and a running QB. Scheelhaase will be a problem. (FYI NIU is #7 in the country in rushing...)

Their quarterbacks name is schadenfreude, isn't it?

If by "the matchup favors us" you mean, it is a terrible matchup for us defensively, than yes the matchup does favor us.

If the gophers are going to win the game, it will be offensively. And seeing as we have depth issues everywhere on the line offensively and the potential for rotating QBs (one without experience and one who is chasing the all time losses as a starter record).

The ONLY thing that favors us in this matchup is that Illinois always has the distinct possibility of getting ZOOKED.

How many times this year have we heard; this is the best chance for a win this year.

Let's see, they scored 65 points on the road last week, have 2 very good power RBs and a very mobile QB. I agree, they are playing right into our strengths and we could roll them.

I'm with GopherJay on this one.

I'm not necessarily giving a Joe Namath type prediction - but I do have a feeling that this game could be the one where some of the pieces come back together for 60 minutes.

Go Gophers!

If Gray plays QB, I think we have a shot. If Weber plays, it's just gonna be the same old same old.

I'm not necessarily giving a Joe Namath type prediction - but I do have a feeling that this game could be the one where some of the pieces come back together for 60 minutes.

Go Gophers!

It must be contagious. The guys have to play at least one decent game this season coupled with Illini playing their worst...........

Where's your school spirit?

I personally guarantee victory on Saturday in Champagne!

Was at the Michigan / Illinois game last week and couldn't disagree more.

Illinois has a gret running game and effecient passing game that uses misdirection very well (see RB wheel routes against MI). This equals DEATH for MN.

The Illinois run defense is actually very good (basically shut Denard down) and they have a very physical front seven which means the Gopher running attack is going to have problems.

Ironically, the best match-up for the gophers is against the Illinois secondary which was getting torched all day. Unfortunately, with people calling for a lot of Gray it is going to be difficult for gophers to exploit this.

Illinois is playing to get into a bowl game for first time in 3 years and the gophers are playing for...?

I have seen the gophers in person three times this year and unless there is a major motivation / attitude adjustment this game is going to be ugly

I was drunk last night too. You are welcome to your opinion, but let me tell you why I believe you are so very wrong.

They are much better than us and will win by 30...

That's why...

I have been waiting all year for the screw ups to stop and for the kids to play a good game, and have come to the conclusion there is just not enough experience and consequently discipline on this team that it will happen this year. Even more importantly, I think both coordinators have done a really terrible job of utilizing the strengths of their players. The defensive players were recruited for speed not the reactive defense they are playing now, and running is not the strength of this offense. Brewster essentially committed suicide with his coordinator choices.Too many changes, year after year, and even during the season for the team to execute. I am surprised with the experience of this staff that execution has been this poor, but there are too many unproven players on ST and Defense for this team to make plays. I am not a tennis player, but I have never seen a Gopher team with this many unforced errors in my lifetime.

Based on everyones expert analysis, I change my mind. They will absolutely destroy us and keep our cheer leaders for a year.

Let's see, they scored 65 points on the road last week, have 2 very good power RBs and a very mobile QB. I agree, they are playing right into our strengths and we could roll them.

They scored 65 in triple OT. They scored 45 in regulation ;)

That being said, it is a troublesome matchup for us on the defensive side of the ball. The fact that they gave up 67 in triple ot (45 in regulation) gives me a slight bit of optimism that we could actually score some points.

Could this be the week we finally score 30 in game against a 1-A team this year? Heck, the Jedd Fisch offense had 35 against Purdue, 42 against MSU and 32 against Illinois last year.

Go Gophers!

Adam Weber is that you? If not you wouldn't qualify to give that type of prediction.

Ironically, the best match-up for the gophers is against the Illinois secondary which was getting torched all day. Unfortunately, with people calling for a lot of Gray it is going to be difficult for gophers to exploit this.

Whichever QB it is it will be difficult for them to exploit. Neither one is terribly consistent.

They scored 65 in triple OT. They scored 45 in regulation ;)

That being said, it is a troublesome matchup for us on the defensive side of the ball. The fact that they gave up 67 in triple ot (45 in regulation) gives me a slight bit of optimism that we could actually score some points.

Could this be the week we finally score 30 in game against a 1-A team this year? Heck, the Jedd Fisch offense had 35 against Purdue, 42 against MSU and 32 against Illinois last year.

Shhhhhh. If you say things like that loud enough people might realize that at terrible as he was it is actually better than Horton. Then they might realize that the offense might end up being ranked worse than the defense, it is certainly trending that direction.

Well, the Illini backs could get tired racking up all those rushing yard and make it easy for our DBs to try to knock them off their feet. Their ought to be lots of garbage stats for our offense to pick up after the game is out of reach. Unless our defense scores two TDs, we don't have enough fire power to match the Illini offense.

Please God let this be a merciful game and a chance to retain some dignity.

For as much as people hated on Ficsh's offense for combining to score 7 garbage time points against Penn State, Ohio State, and Iowa combined....the other 10 games the gophers scored 26.5 points per game. With a much worse O-line.

Taking out the gophers 3 worst performances offensively this season (OSU, MSU, PU) the gophers are averaging 28 points per game this season.

The difference is, Fisch's offense managed to score more than the other team a couple of times.

For all intensive purposes Horton = Fisch with a bad offensive line.

Like I said, they will have trouble with us. A fair catch by #85 and a stick by Theret and we would have rolled them. Ohhhh I guess we one . Up yours for those of you with no faith .

Top Bottom