the Court has been redone

God I'm glad we didn't dig in. I rarely have an opinion on things like uniforms/etc., but that court was rough.
I stopped watching. Couldn’t stand it. And I wasn’t being proud, I wanted to watch, but it was physically difficult.

Yes, the long national nightmare is over. If the video is representative, they might have color corrected the maroon as well. Thank goodness.
Hated the old floor, new one looks great, but I wanted to give you props for the quote.

Looks great. Just wish there was a way to do it without the advertising. Thankful for the contributions and I don't know how else to get their name out there, so I get it. Just nostalgic.

The bland white court was difficult to watch on TV. Wonder who made the original decision on the white court. Expensive mistake but D1 athletics department budgets are unlimited.

“Williams Arena” used to be printed there, not “Cambria Court.”

C17019FD-0531-4F6B-B4F5-ADCCA71FB315.jpeg

The last few years it also said “The Barn” in cursive.

Attachments

• 3360B947-B1E4-4487-8651-BB4569CCA9BD.jpeg
    3360B947-B1E4-4487-8651-BB4569CCA9BD.jpeg
    141.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 656805FF-A1EA-4CBA-AC15-D2E44ACD9E6D.jpeg
    656805FF-A1EA-4CBA-AC15-D2E44ACD9E6D.jpeg
    18.5 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

So it will be referred to as "Cambria Court at Williams Arena?"

Last edited:

Personally, I didn't mind the "white" court color in person. But as others have said, on TV, it really washed out and was distracting. Not nearly as distracting as Oregon's court, but few things are.

crop.jpg

They may be evil, but obviously their sponsorship has helped Gopher Athletics - the new floor looks very nice. I didn't mind the "white floor" in person, but it was tough to watch on tv.

How much did we get from Cambria for those logos? I'm thinking we could all chip in on Kickstarter and outbid them for a "Hey Dennis Evans, Come to Minnesota" logo...

... actually, if Cambria did something like that, a "Hey Dennis..." with the footer "from your friends at Cambria", it'd get them far more positive spin than the logo they're using.

Love the stuff the marketing/media department have been putting out more recently, but FOR THE LOVE OF DOG! Never fly over the Block “M” upside down so it looks like a w.

Seen it a couple of times and it makes me irrationally angry.

Top Bottom