The Buzz - Marketing, Alcohol, Action Figures

Rescooter

Section 243
Reaction score
First off, I'm feeling real good about being 3-0. Some of us are hearing a lot of Buzz about our favorite team...let's hear it. The other Buzz (inspired by our friends who are tailgating with Hamms and White Castle) have a different Buzz going. I'd be interested in hearing about that as well (will this turn in to a drunk post?? - who knows).

The Buzz I've heard: I took my wife out to eat after the Western Michigan game. We were wearing our Gopher gear. The lady in front and the lady that waited on our table said she had seen a steady stream of enthusiastic Gopher Fans all day. She said that it's fun to see and she'd love to take in a game. She had never been to a Gopher Game (nor cared), but could feel the energy. She wanted to be part of it!

Due to a busy fall schedule, I have not had season tickets for two years now. We were at the game on Saturday, and the boss is talking about getting back into the House with season tix again. I wish the crowd was a little be earlier to arrive, but other than that I love on campus football. The boss will likely be sending me with others frequently, and that should be no problem as I have two who have stated regularly that they would like to attend a game or two, but have wacky schedules.

During the game, we had no trouble hearing the band on the field or while they were in their stand area. We were in the last upper deck section closest to the massive scoreboard. We have similar tickets for the Northwestern game coming up, and I am very excited to return again.

We were out and about in the afternoon and evening with Gopher attire still on. We were asked by three different groups of people how the game was, result and about the field (which is still new to most Minnesotans). This is a new record for people coming up to us to ask like questions. We sold it for sure.

I have definitely seen more U of M gear being worn by coworkers today than any other pre-game Friday in a long time. Plus, I like the fact that when I get in my car and switch on local sports talk radio, chances are pretty good that they are talking Gopher football.

I'm not a big fan of the phrase "my chili is hot" due to its ties with the previous coaching staff so let's just say "My Gopher is Dancing!!"

I have definitely seen more U of M gear being worn by coworkers today than any other pre-game Friday in a long time. Plus, I like the fact that when I get in my car and switch on local sports talk radio, chances are pretty good that they are talking Gopher football.

I'm not a big fan of the phrase "my chili is hot" due to its ties with the previous coaching staff so let's just say "My Gopher is Dancing!!"

Then does your Gopher Gopher U? :)

There's even some Buzz on the Gambling front for this game:

Free College Football Prediction From Strike Point Sports: Take #371 Syracuse (+2) over Minnesota (8 p.m., Saturday, Sept. 22) I really like what I have seen out of this Syracuse team thus far. They completely outplayed Northwestern in the first week of the season and in Week 2 they were down only five points late in the third quarter to USC. A typical Syracuse team would have come back home and lost to a difficult Stony Brook team, but “The Cuse” did what they needed to do to pull out the double-digit victory. Syracuse is a much better road dog play than they are a home squad. Syracuse is 7-3 ATS in their last 10 road games versus a team with a winning home record. For some reason the football team is not a solid bet when they are playing in front of their home fans. Minnesota, meanwhile, isn't the sort of team that will scare Syracuse. They have played quite a cupcake schedule thus far with wins over UNLV, New Hampshire, and Western Michigan. Up next for the Golden Gophers is a road game at Iowa that could have some of their players looking ahead. Minnesota will also be without their starting QB MarQueis Gray. Minnesota is completely overlooking this game as they are 3-0 thus far and going into Iowa with a chance to go 5-0 is definitely on their minds. Minnesota tends to take teams with losing records for granted, as they are just 1-4 ATS in their last five games versus teams with losing records. Take the dog in this one, as Syracuse will definitely put a huge damper on the Golden Gophers' bowl aspirations with an early-season loss.

There's even some Buzz on the Gambling front for this game:

Free College Football Prediction From Strike Point Sports: Take #371 Syracuse (+2) over Minnesota (8 p.m., Saturday, Sept. 22) I really like what I have seen out of this Syracuse team thus far. They completely outplayed Northwestern in the first week of the season and in Week 2 they were down only five points late in the third quarter to USC. A typical Syracuse team would have come back home and lost to a difficult Stony Brook team, but “The Cuse” did what they needed to do to pull out the double-digit victory. Syracuse is a much better road dog play than they are a home squad. Syracuse is 7-3 ATS in their last 10 road games versus a team with a winning home record. For some reason the football team is not a solid bet when they are playing in front of their home fans. Minnesota, meanwhile, isn't the sort of team that will scare Syracuse. They have played quite a cupcake schedule thus far with wins over UNLV, New Hampshire, and Western Michigan. Up next for the Golden Gophers is a road game at Iowa that could have some of their players looking ahead. Minnesota will also be without their starting QB MarQueis Gray. Minnesota is completely overlooking this game as they are 3-0 thus far and going into Iowa with a chance to go 5-0 is definitely on their minds. Minnesota tends to take teams with losing records for granted, as they are just 1-4 ATS in their last five games versus teams with losing records. Take the dog in this one, as Syracuse will definitely put a huge damper on the Golden Gophers' bowl aspirations with an early-season loss.

And he knows this how?

And he knows this how?

Because he has money on this game :eek:

For whatever reason, this is his featured game of the week. The site's free, so you get what you pay for. Could this guy be Art Vandalay?

Syracuse is 7-3 ATS in their last 10 road games versus a team with a winning home record.

How far back do you have to go to get those 10 games? Three or four seasons? Same coaches? Some of the seniors in their redshirt years?

How far back do you have to go to get those 10 games? Three or four seasons? Same coaches? Some of the seniors in their redshirt years?

I agree; the site and prediction is a sham. I'm hoping he's on the wrong side of this one. He got my money on the Vegas game.

Top Bottom