The Butterfly Effect

t-docious

MAKE GOPHERS GREAT AGAIN!
Reaction score
OK.

All of the "refs don't change the outcome of a game" crowd, have you ever heard of the butterfly effect? And, how does that logic not apply to a football game.

Reason and logic only (which is probably why this thread will die) go.

OK.

All of the "refs don't change the outcome of a game" crowd, have you ever heard of the butterfly effect? And, how does that logic not apply to a football game.

Reason and logic only (which is probably why this thread will die) go.

Amen

Come on! where are you BIG Ref apologists????

penalties 11-4. plenty of judgment calls. gopher D struggled, but a couple of calls were phantom

TBH, the holding calls in the second half against us I could see as ok calls. Problem is, they were not calling those the first half. Second, that no call against Iowa where we could have had Beathard sacked inside the 5 was a huge, huge play.

penalties 11-4. plenty of judgment calls. gopher D struggled, but a couple of calls were phantom

This. This is what the butterfly effect is. These phantom calls spurn different outcomes which have negatively impacted our team.

Lets take Iowa's first drive as an example. Iowa on third and 9 throws a prayer to the Field and the ball falls out of bounds, flag on the field. Murray, on the boundary, runs into the receiver AFTER the ball was already in the air and was NOWHERE NEAR the play AND did not affect the outcome of the play, but they both grab, call on us . Now, since a ref calls this penalty, the drive is alive, they go down to score.

Had this not have been called, They would have most likely punted, we get the ball and march since their TOP 10 D couldn't stop a F0CKING NOSE BLEED.
WERE UP 7-0. Then the whole game changes. AHHHHH what could have been.

I am so FED up wth these tired excuses of REFs don't chang ea game. They absolutely 100% affect the game. Of course they don't get it right all the time but f0ck me. IM sick and tired of getting jobbed, THE LAST THREE WEEKS GUYS.

Its not just a conspiracy anymore.

Yep, that's what I have been saying... if they actually called those blatant holding calls, it may have changed the outcome. I know for sure there were at least two on that last drive of the first half that went for 97 yards. And one of those blatant calls would have pinned them back near the endzone also.

So much for a debate with logic and reason.....

Other plays in my notes: At the end of the first quarter, Bethard scrambles to the M25. The ref says "holding on M declined." They start the 2nd Q on the M15. What?!

Next drive Wolitarsky is called for 5 men in backfield. He was in backfield, but clearly steps forward before teammate goes in motion.

Maybe someone at the stadium knows, but on the intentional grounding call by Mitch, there is a chance his throw did get close to the LOS. There is not a clear view, despite replaying it 10 times. I can't tell. It's well out of bounds, which is OK, and he's out of the pocket. I think it may have landed close to LOS. We had it 2-7 at the I35. The call took us out of FG range that would have tied game at 17.

Campbell recovers a fumble on the next series. No one pays attention. No replay.

Big block in the back on the long punt return by Iowa not called.

And, of course the bear hug on Poock on the last Iowa TD that wasn't called.

Tough to overcome all that and our injuries. With those things going against us, on the road against an undefeated #5-ranked team, you can't afford any mistakes...and we made a few. Still one play or call away from pulling off the upset.

Top Bottom