The biggest flaw for every Big Ten team entering the 2023 season (Minnesota: Running Back)

Which means much

Which means much of the time you know, I know, and the opposing coaches and players know what’s coming.
And many have not been able to stop it.

And many have not been able to stop it.
Very true with Mo and a great line. When your personnel changes it’s smart to run what they do best, not what they don’t do well unless you are Navy running the same attack when ND is up 42-0.

I think more screens, slants, backs in the flats, and TE. Shortish passes executed better taking away ability to stack.

I would of went with the defensive of line. Lost some great secondary players to the draft last year and have to get more pressure on the QB than last few years. I've heard there stronger, quicker and deeper but they'll need to be with NC, WI, OSU and Purdue all throw happy prgrams that will put the ball in the air 40+ times.

If Running Back is your biggest flaw we are doing well. If the NFL is any indication, RB may appear to least valuable position. You can get by with an average RB if you have a good line, QB, WR.

Why would you shy away from putting a bigger load on one of the elite defenses in the country?

I'm not suggesting that the defense can't handle an additional workload. But - if the defense is on the field for more snaps, that does test the defensive depth - which was impacted by portal losses.

the more the other team's offense is on the field, the more opportunities they have to make plays and score points. especially if the defense is a little more tired in the 4th quarter. that's all I'm saying.

I'm not suggesting that the defense can't handle an additional workload. But - if the defense is on the field for more snaps, that does test the defensive depth - which was impacted by portal losses.

the more the other team's offense is on the field, the more opportunities they have to make plays and score points. especially if the defense is a little more tired in the 4th quarter. that's all I'm saying.
I know what you’re saying. I’m suggesting the luxury of a great defense is that you don’t need to be a slave to ball control. You can play higher risk/reward at times against better teams knowing the defense is there behind you.

Gives coach more freedom.

There is plenty of bulletin board material. Let's go!

Row the Boat!

Top Bottom