The Big Ten West Race tightens. So does attrition

hungan1

Reaction score
Early at the beginning of the season, the Gopher squad is full of optimism despite losing Rashod Bateman that the Big Ten West title is within reach. The BTN crew Howard Griffith and Gerry Dinardo agreed. They commented on the team's depth and the way they practiced. PJ Fleck shared in their optimism. On paper, this is the best Gopher team since he became the Gophers' Head Coach.

I thought at that time, gosh I hope that we don't get bitten by the injury bug. Sure enough, Mo went down in the tOSU game with an Achilles heel injury. Then, the injuries continue to mount.

The Gophers aren't the only team affected. Both Wisconsin and Iowa have season-ending injuries to key players.

Going into the final chase for the title, we hope the Gophers are healthy enough.

August 23, 2021 - BTN on Gophers visit:

August 27,2921 - PJ Fleck previews tOSU:

November 8, 2021 - PJ Fleck previews Iowa:

Last edited:

PJ Fleck said there are five tailbacks out.
Mo Ibrahim
Trey Potts
Bryce Williams
Preston Jelen

Who is the fifth?

Not sure if it has been reported but ESPN ran the tape at the bottom of the screen that Becky has lost its leading ball carrier for the season a kid named Melusi. I apologize if this has already been reported.

Not sure if it has been reported but ESPN ran the tape at the bottom of the screen that Becky has lost its leading ball carrier for the season a kid named Melusi. I apologize if this has already been reported.
He was. I think the 17 yo freshman is now the big dog.

Can't remember the kids name?

Edit...just looked on ESPN...Allen

Top Bottom