The Big Ten is so bad year thread

Block M

Reaction score
I know there was a lot of parity this year, but the B1G sucked. Maybe IU or Wisky can stick around for a while, but not counting on it.
Hopefully its this bad again next year when the Gophers are vastly improved.

[insert image of my 2016 tournament boards shredded]

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

And we won 2 games against that crappy conference, which depresses me even more.

Way to represent Mich St.

Let's see Maryland, Iowa and Wisconsin won. What a weak conference. Yes MS was embarrassing. MS played some of the best ball the last two months making their loss an odd one.

Maybe it's someone else's turn to carry the flag for the B1G other than Michigan State and Wisconsin? Now would be a good time. If Michigan hangs on, B1G will have 5 still in play going into 2nd round.

PAC 12 did not fare so well either.
Gophers hope to be better next year but so do other teams in the BIG.

I know there was a lot of parity this year, but the B1G sucked. Maybe IU or Wisky can stick around for a while, but not counting on it.
Hopefully its this bad again next year when the Gophers are vastly improved.

Its not just this year, its most years. Big Ten is always terrible in the tourney outside of Mich. St and Wisky.

**** happens in the tournament. If some of the top seeds were allowed an early round mulligan, I'd still have put my money on MSU to win the whole thing.

Hence why I said most years. Picking the one year those teams make a run does nothing for your argument.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Over the last five years, Wisconsin has 14 tournament wins (including the one yesterday), Michigan State has 11, Ohio State has 10, Michigan has 9, so they really aren't all that far off.

Certainly isn't as bad as the Pac-12. Utah is down by 15 at the half. Five of their six teams could be eliminated by the end of day 3.

good win for indiana and crean.

Big ten is certainly better than the Pac 12 and SEC. Those 2 conferences having disastrous tourneys

When looking at the higher seeds, the Big Ten lost a 2 and a 5 seed in the first round. The Big 12 lost a 3 and a 5 seed in the first round. The ACC has been the best so far with the Big Ten and Big 12 pretty even.

Certainly isn't as bad as the Pac-12. Utah is down by 15 at the half. Five of their six teams could be eliminated by the end of day 3.

The crazy thing is it was pretty well known to be imminent. Their RPIs were a mirage. Arizona, Utah, USC, Oregon State, Colorado were all underdogs in their games that they lost.

Hence why I said most years. Picking the one year those teams make a run does nothing for your argument.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

In the last 9 years Ohio State were team 1B nationally with Oden/Conley and lost in the finals, made the final 4 another time, lost the E8 to a good Wichita State team, and have had a few S16 trips. They're not too bad.

Michigan's recent success is just within the past 3-4 years, but they made some nice runs.

Indiana looked solid.

So today we will cheer for Maryland and Iowa to get into sweet 16

But will you cheer for WI so big ten could possibly have four teams in? Not sure I can ever cheer for the skunks. Perhaps some of you feel the same way regarding Iowa

I have no equity in the petty argument about which conference is best. I cheer for good games and then whether or not I picked the team in the bracket I filled out in 5 minutes.

Identifying whether or not a conference is good during a particular weekend is asinine.

Indiana looked solid.

So today we will cheer for Maryland and Iowa to get into sweet 16

But will you cheer for WI so big ten could possibly have four teams in? Not sure I can ever cheer for the skunks. Perhaps some of you feel the same way regarding Iowa

I can do it. I'll be the one.

Top Bottom