The Barnyard is Sold Out!!

Not to be cynical but is the Barnyard the same size this year as usual?

How many seats are in the Barnyard? It's never looked sold out since the the first couple years of the Tubby era, maybe a game here and there, but great news if the student section is filled, hopefully they consistently show up

Did they give away tickets? It wasn't sold out when we've had some decent squads.

Not quite, but season tickets were only $99, even less if you got them as part of a package with football or football and hockey.
I don't know what they normally charge but this is a rare smart play by the athletics department to nearly give them away this year. Rebuild the fan base starting now.

I don't know what they normally charge but this is a rare smart play by the athletics department to nearly give them away this year. Rebuild the fan base starting now.
I don't think that this pricing is new this year and I know that they have offered the packages before, but there is definitely more interest for some reason. While football isn't sold out, my contact in the ticket office thinks that they might sell 3,000 more student tickets this year vs. 2019.

The barnyard usually sells out. The students rarely show up. It will be 1/2 full or less for all games that aren’t “big” opponents like Wisco, Iowa, etc.

That's a no-brainer. One Saturday, I remember going to games for all three sports. Awesome day.

Student tickets should be free. Their payment is that they show up. If they don't, they forfeit them and they go to someone else.

Student tickets should be free. Their payment is that they show up. If they don't, they forfeit them and they go to someone else.
The only way free would work is if you just show your ID at the door to get in with no reservations for no shows. First 2,100 at the door get in. You can't have students that just sign up for the free-stuff hold onto tickets and then keep other from filling the empty seats.

Usually if I want to give away stuff on Craigs list, I just ask a few bucks. Those that respond are much more interested in the actual item than if you say free. It gives it more perceived value.

I don't think that this pricing is new this year and I know that they have offered the packages before, but there is definitely more interest for some reason. While football isn't sold out, my contact in the ticket office thinks that they might sell 3,000 more student tickets this year vs. 2019.
I'm assuming the reason is kids are excited to go to sporting events again after not being able to last year

The only way free would work is if you just show your ID at the door to get in with no reservations for no shows. First 2,100 at the door get in.
What is the issue with doing it this way? Or season tickets are granted to the first 2,100 who request them. But you must show your ID each game. And if you no-show for more than 2 games, your ticket is revoked.

The barnyard usually sells out. The students rarely show up. It will be 1/2 full or less for all games that aren’t “big” opponents like Wisco, Iowa, etc.
I just graduated, and the only sold out season of my 4 (I guess 3) years was my freshman year with that hyped 2017-18 squad. Attendance was pretty solid that year until they fell apart. That Miami game was easily the best Barn atmosphere I’ve been a part of.

Needless to say, I’m pleasantly surprised at the sellout this year. Prices/packages are no different, and I haven’t seen any uptick in student promotion since Ben got here. Here’s hoping they show up and bring the energy.

I just graduated, and the only sold out season of my 4 (I guess 3) years was my freshman year with that hyped 2017-18 squad. Attendance was pretty solid that year until they fell apart. That Miami game was easily the best Barn atmosphere I’ve been a part of.

Needless to say, I’m pleasantly surprised at the sellout this year. Prices/packages are no different, and I haven’t seen any uptick in student promotion since Ben got here. Here’s hoping they show up and bring the energy.
Fair. I thought it was always sold out but no one attended. That Miami game was insane.

Top Bottom