The Badger QB free agent signing syndrome has it's downside

Became #2 behind FA R. Wilson last year, was in the mix for spring practice then they sign FA O'Brien. He will transfer out.Like the Yankees, loyalty and hard work mean nothing if a hot FA can be signed.

http://host.madison.com/sports/coll...11e1-af41-0019bb2963f4.html?comment_form=true

It definitely affects the guys currently on the roster, but it's a bit of a stretch in this case. After spring practice Brennan was behind a RS FR walk-on named Joel Stave. With Curt Phillips in the mix once camp started he would have been 3rd string. Adding O'Brien makes him 4th string. The only reason he was #2 last year was because Phillips and Budmayr were injured. He just wasn't going to be a factor at UW.

I'm not a huge fan of the transfer thing (though Wilson was about as perfect a situation as you're going to find), and hopefully, with development from Stave and Houston, and a fairly highly rated 2014 QB committed, they won't have to do it any more.

It definitely affects the guys currently on the roster, but it's a bit of a stretch in this case. After spring practice Brennan was behind a RS FR walk-on named Joel Stave. With Curt Phillips in the mix once camp started he would have been 3rd string. Adding O'Brien makes him 4th string. The only reason he was #2 last year was because Phillips and Budmayr were injured. He just wasn't going to be a factor at UW.

I'm not a huge fan of the transfer thing (though Wilson was about as perfect a situation as you're going to find), and hopefully, with development from Stave and Houston, and a fairly highly rated 2014 QB committed, they won't have to do it any more.

Yeah, I kind of agree with this sentiment.

Wilson was an absolutely perfect fit and I think it was a no-brainer. I don't think it was wise for them to go after O'Brien.

Top Bottom