The Answer to Guaranteed Victory

NorthernLakesGopher

Reaction score
All gold uniforms. I'm not superstitious, but all I know is we're undefeated (at home) in the big bananas. If we had worn them, we beat Connie - or make Bielima vomit (win/win). Bring back the solid gold and we go undefeated at home. :D

All gold uniforms. I'm not superstitious, but all I know is we're undefeated (at home) in the big bananas. If we had worn them, we beat Connie - or make Bielima vomit (win/win). Bring back the solid gold and we go undefeated at home. :D

Why not. This will be the first ever Homecoming in our new on campus stadium.

i think we had all gold on when we played ohio state two years ago...?

If I have learned anything...

...it's that Gopherholers can be very detail oriented and I'm not big on details. I should have said "Undefeated at home in our new TCF stadium in our all gold uniforms". I'm still learnin'...

Do you think those uniforms are higher in potassium??

Maybe there's a Dole sticker on them somewhere. Or a chiquita.

You could always win the turnover battle and cut down on stupid penalties.

At the risk of being a gold uni fanatic...I'm reposting:

View from the East: on TV, the color reinforcement between the on-field all-gold unis, the green turf and the huge Bank "gold-out" seems to project an exciting feeling of high-energy, dynamic play-making and aggressive athleticism...especially later in the afternoon and into the evening under the lights. On the field, passing targets are probably easier to "pick-up", especially in scrambling situations, planned rollouts and misdirection flanker options. In the stands, the gold on green turf probably contrasts and "pops" quite well.

Also on the field, there seems to be a kind of "take a look at us" attitude projecting from the Gophers as a result of this bold color statement: "We're self-confident about our talent, abilities and preparation...this is our house...we're going to defend it aggressively, execute our game plan and make big things happen here!"

Someone at the U put a fair amount of thought and research into this color coordination scheme, it didn't happen by chance...I like it a lot. As it shows up more often, I suspect Minny fans at home and across the country will come to expect it for most Bank appearances since it becomes Golden Gopher "branded" as the program continues to strengthen and gets growing attention from repeated national TV exposure.

Maybe I'm too obsessive about the gold unis, but they have an incredible "electric" quality for me ...and I suspect many others...on the big screen!

I love the all gold. Was disappointed when they didn't come out with them against wisco. So much for the "gold out."

Top Bottom