The amazing success of AW Jr.

AJWjr was rated 0.8285, a low 3*, coming out of high school. Ratings mean something, but the eye test matters, too.
I thought a fun SB tease bet would be AW getting a pick, sack, and a tackle. I dont know why they don't blitz him more, he was good at it.

AJWjr was rated 0.8285, a low 3*, coming out of high school. Ratings mean something, but the eye test matters, too.
Steph Curry was also a 3 star recruit. Both of their Fathers were big time pro players, that is the real eye test!

Cashman is another, albeit less successful example. Walk-on marginal 2*. I liked him the first time I saw him play. Always in position and around the ball. Hopefully he gets and can stay healthy in the NFL.

There's something to be set about the Gopher coaching staff live evals. I hope that they had done some evals on the 2021 recruits before Covid.

These type of guys blossom in development. Winfield Jr is a rare specimen.

I remember when one of our GH experts called him a bust. Didn't have to be a FB genius to see he was going to be special. Hope he is healthy for the SB and has an amazing game !
He was injured a couple times, so I thought there was the potential of him never realizing his potential. Glad he got healthy and earned it.

Mahomes saw this guy way early. Pointed him out seconds before he showed up on screen. :ROFLMAO:

There was an audio recording of him and his gf talking about the broken arm incident but she never pursued him. Probably was some money exchanging hands to pay her off I'd guess.

Probably because they didn't need to blitz to cause all kinds of havoc.

Yeah, looks like he had 3 sacks so they must have blitzed him on a somewhat regular basis in the season. But as for the SB, they clearly planned to keep the safeties back in coverage to try and limit Hill and Kelce, and given how it all played out that seems to have been a great decision.

Yeah, looks like he had 3 sacks so they must have blitzed him on a somewhat regular basis in the season. But as for the SB, they clearly planned to keep the safeties back in coverage to try and limit Hill and Kelce, and given how it all played out that seems to have been a great decision.
Yes, Tampa Bay took away the deep pass by playing safeties deep with no safety blitzes. And because KC had experienced tackles injured, Tampa Bay's DEs did a very good job of creating pass pressure without the need for blitzing. Blitzing, while often necessary to generate pressure, can open up the secondary to being burned. Basically, blitz when game conditions require, but why blitz when you don't need to?

Top Bottom