The always interesting Pomeroy Predicts

sarahsparrow

Reaction score
Cruising the college buckets sights I stopped by Pomeroy and looked us up, to check out our rating. Got sidetracked when I checked the predicted future of the team. I see right now we
are predicted for an end of season 22-8 record and 14-4 in conference, unfortunately, neither of which I see happening at this point in time. Of course, Pomeroy has a statistical model which sometimes is skewed by the information overload early season statistics can produce, with out the more solid late season reliability. Still, one of the fascinating sites on the net for the basketball junkie.

http://kenpom.com/team.php?team=Minnesota

One of the things I found funny, if you look at the MN projections there is still something like an 0.18% chance of going undefeated. I'm thinkin that one aint gonna work out for us..

Also, (edit added), looking at a team like KY, it will cheer you to note, that Pomeroy gives KY, 0.00% chance of an unbeaten record, and predicts them at 24-7 and 14-6 conference.

It would be great to end the season with those records but Tubby and the kids will have to bear down to do close to it.

The chance for an undefeated season is under the conference schedule column, so it means chance for an undefeated conference season.

Cruising the college buckets sights I stopped by Pomeroy and looked us up, to check out our rating. Got sidetracked when I checked the predicted future of the team. I see right now we
are predicted for an end of season 22-8 record and 14-4 in conference, unfortunately, neither of which I see happening at this point in time. Of course, Pomeroy has a statistical model which sometimes is skewed by the information overload early season statistics can produce, with out the more solid late season reliability. Still, one of the fascinating sites on the net for the basketball junkie.

http://kenpom.com/team.php?team=Minnesota

One of the things I found funny, if you look at the MN projections there is still something like an 0.18% chance of going undefeated. I'm thinkin that one aint gonna work out for us..

Also, (edit added), looking at a team like KY, it will cheer you to note, that Pomeroy gives KY, 0.00% chance of an unbeaten record, and predicts them at 24-7 and 14-6 conference.

It would be great to end the season with those records but Tubby and the kids will have to bear down to do close to it.

Actually UK only plays 16 SEC games so KenPom projects 10-6 there and 15-0 in OOC play.

Top Bottom