The 2022 Gophers football season will be a success if?…

Successful is an odd word that needs to be defined

It is successful if they win 8+ regular season.
It is disappointing if they don’t play in Indianapolis

I would say last year felt like a success even without beating Iowa. Maybe how our D pummeled Wisky gives me a short memory on some of the other games — that was glorious. For this year we can’t have any Illinois or BG efforts, and then as long as we bring our A game week in and week out I think it’ll end up being a success however everything shakes out. Playing and coaching up to our potential every week has been a bit elusive.

Sweep the trophy games and consolidate them all.

Including the jug at the B1G championship!

I think it will be a really good season to get 9 or more wins. Not all 9 win seasons are created equally, though. If the Gophers were to just win 9 games in total, then I'd want three of those against the Badgers, Hawkeyes and Huskers. If that were to happen, I'd say it's a success.

I think winning the West is the correct answer, as long as they also beat IA and WI. Can't be a success if you don't beat your rivals.
If I have my choice of winning the west and losing to IA and WI or beating those two and not winning the west, I say win the west. And it's not close.

Winning the west is the only answer
As we sit here today, I agree that winning the West would make this a successful season. Now that may change as the year goes on but with a fully healthy roster we should be in the mix for and hopefully the winners of the West this year.

Successful if they go 6-0 vs the West. If that doesn't get them to Indy, then that's on the Big Ten.

…if we beat BOTH wisconsin and Iowa. I was going to put just beat Iowa (it’s time) but F that, it’s time we truly take the next step and beat both. IT’S TIME!!

Go Gophers!!
Either that and/or win the West. PJ needs to continue to cross off “firsts” and “nevers” in order to keep momentum building. These would be the logical next 2.

Either that and/or win the West. PJ needs to continue to cross off “firsts” and “nevers” in order to keep momentum building. These would be the logical next 2.
Goldy has an ego?

Top Bottom