The 2022 Best Restaurant In Every College Town (Minnesota: Toney's Diner)

Tuscaloosa rocking the Arby's.........
Yeah, the fact that Arby’s, Guthrie’s and The Varsity are on this list is a sad state of affairs in those towns….or the person choosing this list is insane. I mean, I’m sure those three have their fans, but surely there are better places to eat.

If your ever in Athens, GA though, Mama’s Boy on this list is a good choice.

Last edited:

This is a lot like some of the other lists like best party schools. The U of Minnesota won't have the best campus restaurants, the best campus bars, etc. for the most part because they have to compete with the entire city around them.

So the U punches below it's weight for things like Greek system, bar scene, etc. but if you add in the city right next door, it's got one of the best nightlife and eating scenes of any college campus.

What are the boundaries here...

I would say Test Kitchen is better than Tony's if you're really talking about best food on or extremely near campus. Among a number of others.

Went a few times when I was in school! They had some mac 'n cheese bites that were awesome.

Tony's is OK, basically due to the ongoing gentrification of Dinkyville and Stadium Village.

Yeah, the fact that Arby’s, Guthrie’s and The Varsity are on this list is a sad state of affairs in those towns….or the person choosing this list is insane. I mean, I’m sure those three have their fans, but surely there are better places to eat.

If your ever in Athens, GA though, Mama’s Boy on this list is a good choice.
You would think ATL would have a good variety of dining options. Maybe The Varsity there is top notch.

Love Big Game Boomer, big fan. He should have gone with Al’s, but Tony’s is good too. I also like how he is including future P5 conference member affiliations. Bento is alright (went to the one in St. Petersburg), but I would think that the area around the UCF campus in Orlando has several better options than a local chain.

Love Big Game Boomer, big fan. He should have gone with Al’s, but Tony’s is good too. I also like how he is including future P5 conference member affiliations. Bento is alright (went to the one in St. Petersburg), but I would think that the area around the UCF campus in Orlando has several better options than a local chain.
They do. There are a lot of good restaurants right near UCF, including my favorite Mexican restaurant I've ever been to, including in Mexico. Actually on the campus is more limited for good choices.

Big Game Boomer is basically a fluff machine. Guessing that most of these are names pulled out of a hat. They did pick us to play against Oregon in the Rose Bowl though....

and lol. The SEC is just going to pick off half the Big Ten and the remaining best teams from the Big 12 and the ACC.

Wonder if the "Bell Ringer" from Texas Tech from a few years back owns their best restaurant?

Top Bottom