The 12th Man Returns to TCF

BilldGopher

Section 211
Reaction score
For Nebraska, Coach Kill told us of the importance of the 12th Man...especially for on the line checks to other plays...

Today, the 12th Man made a difference in spades...the Iowa offense could not hear on several very important plays, but of course their last possession.

Particularly pleased with Section 212. Stood on practically all Hawk 3rd downs and was loud too. Students did well, but frankly the whole joint was rockin' when it needed to.

Very proud of Mrs. Billd. She made lots of noise. Me, I'm hoarse but it's great.

TCF can be loud. Just have to do it.

Congrats on a great win.

Go Gophers! Enjoy the Win!

You guys sounded tremendous on BTN, as did the band. Great job.

Whoever designed Kinnick North really did the Hawkeyes a disservice.

It was nice to hear the joint rockin' for once! GO Gophs!

"I want to thank all the Gopher fan for todays performance in the crowd, the crowd noise was stellar.. #FloydIsHome"

I posted this elsewhere but this is a tweet from Duane Bennett.

Mrs. Billd here...long time lurker over Billd's shoulder.

OK, so as an Iowan born and bred, I have to say that I couldn't be prouder than I am right now of the Gophers. Not only did we beat Iowa last year, but we did it again! Whew what a relief - we kept Floyd and it almost felt like a bowl game (I suffer from Repeated Loss Syndrome--RLS).

So 212 did a great job of making noise today (thank you DarrenTheGreek), but call me crazy (trust me many do)...long term we should work on making noise on 2nd downs (not standing) and anytime the opposing team is at or inside our 20!

Goooooo Goooooooophers!

We sat in 212 today and I concur, the section was really rocking. Standing and yelling a ton. Much more fun than 208 where my season tickets are.

Great job Bill and Mrs Bill! I'm proud of the section and super bummed we couldn't be there today...

I have always complained on this board about students leaving early and crowd noise. We were ALL loud and proud today!!!! #WINNING

As a member of section 211, I want to congratulate section 212 as well. I did notice your enthusiasm kicked up a notch when you won your Old Dutch jackpot.

As a member of section 211, I want to congratulate section 212 as well. I did notice your enthusiasm kicked up a notch when you won your Old Dutch jackpot.

+1.

Our winnings...a plastic Old Dutch keychain piece...has been appropriately marked with the teams, score, and date and added to our ticket stub collection. Great memento!

Go Gophers!

Love 212. Billd and Mrs Billd are some of the most supportive and vocal fans you will ever find. Great game and great memories.

The three games my sister had to miss because of her job:

NMSU, NDSU, Nebraska

The 2 games she made it to:

Miami, Iowa.

I am hoping for 11:00 AM starts for Wisconsin & Illinois. That way she can at least make it to the 1st half of the game, since her shift starts at 2:00.

As a fellow 211'er, I thought we put the 212'ers to shame, personally. Seriously though, there was good stuff from the fans today.

It can't be understated how much the band directly affected the band with Iowa in our end of the field. 320 people playing their horns as loud as they can directly at the huddle is going to cause some confusion.

The noise was ABSOLUTELY a factor today in a number of situations. It was nice to see the place rockin' again :)

How many fewer Iowa fans were at Saturday's game compared to the last years in the MetroDome?

I think it was the game in 2006 at the dome, I was sitting next to this Iowa fan and she asked if we were really planning on building a new on-campus stadium. I said yes, we were. She asked how big it was going to be, I said about 50,000. She shook her head and said this is a real drag, because with the dome, Iowa fans knew they could come up at will and know they'd get tickets in the 65,000 seat dome.

I just smiled, and it helped re-enforced in my mind why we needed to get out of the dome.

I am back home in Iowa. My voice is still gone from screaming my lungs out in the fourth quarter. I have taken my record to 3-0 at TCF. Wins over Air Force in '09 and Iowa in '10 and '11. Anyone that wants to bring me to Wisky game as a lucky charm, please let me know. Go Gophers.

I agree with Mrs BilldGopher that the next step will be to get people to understand that it is OK to make noise on 1st and 2nd downs too! But I guess we must be content with baby steps and knowing that the crowd got into it down the stretch on the criticial downs when necessary. This was the first time this season that I went home hoarse. Gosh I missed that feeling!

We sat in 212 today and I concur, the section was really rocking. Standing and yelling a ton. Much more fun than 208 where my season tickets are.

In 237, I could literally feel the stadium shaking on the Hawkeyes final drive. I think the last time I felt it shake like that was the Air Force game. Iowa last year was close.

I was in section 110 and we were standing every third down and for the entire 4th quarter. Great atmosphere. I didn't see anyone getting mad about it. Everyone was into this game

I was in section 110 and we were standing every third down and for the entire 4th quarter. Great atmosphere. I didn't see anyone getting mad about it. Everyone was into this game

Kris, how are you taking the divorce filing?

Originally Posted by KrisHumphries "I was in section 110 and we were standing every third down and for the entire 4th quarter. Great atmosphere. I didn't see anyone getting mad about it. Everyone was into this game."

Kris, how are you taking the divorce filing?

Even though Kris seems to like standing I wouldn’t be surprised if he would say something like I not going to stand for her taking me to the cleaners in this divorce.

WAY TO GO TCF PEOPLE! SCREW YOU IOWA!! HAHA both iowa and northern iowa go down by 2 awesome schools!!

Oh God.. Someone let Lakes out of his cage again.. =/

That said, the final Iowa drive was amazing.. I can't remember a single time at a Gopher game where the place was vibrating for a WHOLE SERIES. Everyone in our section was standing for the entire thing (and there are MANY old guys in our section it seems). What an awesome ending!

Top Bottom