That, was quite enough

husker70

Reaction score
Thank you. I sat there till the very end. I have not seen a team, I don't if I would really call it a team take the field like this. There have been teams who have had an off day, but this is who we are. We combine the inablity to stop anyone, any time with an offense du jour. Either the team is divided, or the coaching is inept.

But I cannot go anymore, I just cann't. My mental health is more important, than being there. I made arrangements this morning with the Pastor to take kids to the game. I will take a wait and see approach to renewing.

Thank you. I sat there till the very end. I have not seen a team, I don't if I would really call it a team take the field like this. There have been teams who have had an off day, but this is who we are. We combine the inablity to stop anyone, any time with an offense du jour. Either the team is divided, or the coaching is inept.

But I cannot go anymore, I just cann't. My mental health is more important, than being there. I made arrangements this morning with the Pastor to take kids to the game. I will take a wait and see approach to renewing.

I hear you 100%. It was take a "kill shot" of a coaching hire to make me renew at this point. Right now I show up to the games, watch a "Big Ten" team perform like a 1-AA team, get pissed at the whole situation, leave and vow never to watch this crap again and go to bed angry at the whole unfortunate situation. Your "mental health" comment is spot on, at this point why even put yourself through it??? You are not the only one going through this internal struggle.

I feel like I'm at a crossroads too. We've been taking my son to the games since he was one, and he'll turn six this season. He loves it. We tailgate with a pretty large group of friends before every game. It would be very hard to not renew and to lose all of that, but at some point, the on-field product has to be good enough to at least justify the time and expense associated with it all. I've endured this year so far because I felt very strongly going in that they would be a very bad team and that Brewster would be fired. That seems to be the case.

But I think if they don't end up making a hire that gives me a lot of confidence that something has changed, I might be done. I can find something else to replace that void in my life and my family's life. At some point, the principle does matter. And if the Gopher athletic department continues to show that they don't give a rat's ass about the football program, then why should I? Why should I continue to support it?

Get Over It!

It's college football which basically means having young men playing a game as indentured servants (slaves) for a "supposed" educational opportunity.

It's simply "semi-pro" athletic entertainment.

I was at the game last night as a season ticket holder and for the first time, I found myself not supporting Brew.

He's way to stubborn to admit that his "pound the rock" philosphy is not working (ala Wisconsin) and he can't admit it!

He's also playing Glen Mason's recruited QB (Weber) 4 years into his tenure. He's extremely inconsistent at everything he does!

Anyone else would have had the gonads to play and develop there own young QB.

I hate to see Brew take all of the blame for 40+ years of horse "patootie" university support of their football program, but maybe his firing is inevitable.

Go get some counseling and some medical help if you need to it's only entertainment!

it hurts, but we are and have been an irrelevant program for a long time. Nothing's changed, we just thought the guy we brought in could change it. He couldn't. Time to move on and get a new guy. No biggie. I believe w/o any hesitation that a good coach could win 7 or 8 games with this team-easy. We do have talent, there is a gap between having talent and using it. The transfers, coaching turnstyle and player mutinies over the past several years were the canaries in the coal mine that most of us overlooked or chose to ignore. Saying things are okay doesnt make them so-the only key metric that matters is wins and losses.

Bruininks recently reminded us all that the purpose is to field a competitive team. Not happening. I think the UM needs to get on the move. Pronto.

Maturi or his delegate should call the captains aside privately one at a time and ask them if the players will play for Brewster. If not, who? If there is a consensus, let the axe fall immediately and appoint an interim. If they are solid with Brewster, then so be it and let it be known that Brewster will remain in charge for the season and then evaluate. The players need to know the administration is behind them as well.

The UM needs to send a strong message that it is serious about getting the program where we all want it to be.

There will be no improvement as long as Tim Brewster is the coach. As hard as it is to believe, things will get worse with Brewster and his regime at the helm.

Top Bottom