That was a tough one.....Mentally tough

Minnesota fans are way too nice. Can you imagine if Pitino was coaching at a major university right now and the overwhelming heat he would be taking? I shudder to think what he would be going through from the fans at the University of Kentucky, Michigan, Louisville etc. They would be throwing garbage on the front lawn or making death threats.

I certainly do not advocate any of that - let's do this in a civil fashion. This just didn't work out.
He would have been fired after 3 years at those places.

I think Richard has not determined what his coaching philosophy is. He came in saying he was going to play up tempo, pressing basketball. We saw some early and he suggested recruiting would enhance the overall performance of his preferred style. Umm?? Never to be seen again.

And, maybe there was an assistant coach in the first few years who was instrumental in organizing our focus, our emphasis.
What I’m saying is, I think Richard was a better coach earlier than he certainly has been this year.
He has been horrible at managing minutes and his substitutions are too often..huh? The fouls, sure but some of the others are befuddling or the lack there of (as you are screaming: “Sit him down.”)
He seems distracted? Maybe he knows he’s gone or realizes it doesn’t look good. His focus during the game doesn’t seem to be on the game itself but on the overall season slipping away.

I think he meant if you want to win every game that's been played in the last 20 years you need to shoot those percentages. Lol wow! Clearly someone who's never played sports before.
Maryland shot 81% FT against us, IN THIS VERY GAME.

I was listening to Skor North on Timberwolves basketball and Doogie and his pal were lambasting Beasely for only hitting 40% from 3 point land. If it is a low enough percentage for the pros to be criticized about, then an entire college program should be able to reach that low mark.

Maryland shot 81% FT against us, IN THIS VERY GAME.

I was listening to Skor North on Timberwolves basketball and Doogie and his pal were lambasting Beasely for only hitting 40% from 3 point land. If it is a low enough percentage for the pros to be criticized about, then an entire college program should be able to reach that low mark.

What is this logic?? If a professional basketball player, known for being a good shooter, is expected to shoot over 40%, then an entire college basketball program should be able to shoot 45%?

There is currently one team in college basketball that means even one of your criteria - known powerhouse Northeastern, who is shooting 80.1% from free throws. Ridiculous, especially to double down on your previous post. This automatically takes away any credibility from any of your posts, as your expectations for a college basketball team are absolutely insane.

What is this logic?? If a professional basketball player, known for being a good shooter, is expected to shoot over 40%, then an entire college basketball program should be able to shoot 45%?

There is currently one team in college basketball that means even one of your criteria - known powerhouse Northeastern, who is shooting 80.1% from free throws. Ridiculous, especially to double down on your previous post. This automatically takes away any credibility from any of your posts, as your expectations for a college basketball team are absolutely insane.
Gophs currently rank #225 in FT %, #249 in 3 point %.

Top Bottom