That charge on Paul Carter was atrocious

EG#9

Reaction score
Should be going to the line with a chance to cut a 6 point deficit to 3. Instead the basket is wiped away on a charge. Hopefully, this horrific call will motivate the Gophers the rest of the way. If the Gophers would simply finish within 5 feet of the basket they would be comfortably ahead right now.

officiating in general has been bad this game. Michigan getting all the calls...

I agree that that particular call was wrong and hurt the Gophers. However, if you look at the whole game, the Gophers got more calls. Bobby Knight commented all game how they'd call contact on Michigan but not on the Gophers. So if you believe Bobby Knight isn't biased against the Gophers, he'd say Michigan got shafted by the refs. Don't blame refs, it all evens out over the season.

My post was made at the point of the charge foul. I would say that the officiating was about even for the game and had no effect either way. The Gophers certainly got the benefit of the whistle in the last 6-7 minutes of the game or so. The Wolverines had the favorable calls for the 2nd half up until that point. Bobby Knight was right when he pointed out the discrepancy in hand check calls at the end of the game.

Top Bottom