Thanks Tubby

XMan

Reaction score
It was a very fun year. Thank you Tubby for bringing back MN basketball. Great group of young kids. We have some obvious holes to fill next year, but I have faith that Tubby will get the team where it needs to be. It will be great to bring in the new talent as well.

Go Gophers! Ski-U-Mah

This year I'm going to remember:

-sweeping the rivals
-winning AT Wisconsin
-beating the eventual #1 overall seed in the NCAAs
-making the tournament

Things are looking up guys. We'll be back.

If you think about it - We did very well without our big guys scoring alot - poor 3 pt shooting and even free throw shooting (Westbrook misses 2 in a row!). If we can get some front court scoring and improve that 3 pt shot - look out next year.

What a great year!!! Do I really have to wait for November for the next season??? Can we start it earlier???

Next year, by the start of the Big Ten Season, we need to have Royce and Mbwakwe starting.

I can't wait for next year. Only losing Williams and Abu Shamala but that will be more than made up for with a top notch recruiting class. Next year will be fun.

Even with the loss, a lot will be gained. I hate to say 'next year' but it has to be said. All things considered, I look for at least major improvements next year. Does that mean 1 or 2 wins in the NCAA? Probably. Close to the top of the Big Ten as well. Next year will be even more fun.

Yes thanks Tubby for making Gopher Basketball relevant again. I thought it would be at least a year or two more before we made the tourney. I really want our first championship to come with him at the helm - it would be the icicle on the cake so to speak.

Can't wait for next year

Yes thanks Tubby for making Gopher Basketball relevant again. I thought it would be at least a year or two more before we made the tourney. I really want our first championship to come with him at the helm - it would be the icicle on the cake so to speak.

Can't wait for next year

Love Tubby so don't take this wrong, but here's my question: Does he stick with his, in my opinion, rather unusual subbing patterns next year (ex: JAS doesn't see the floor forever then starts, same with Bostick). I'm not saying its bad considering the roster he has, but as he gets "his" recruits here, does that change to a more conventional pattern. I don't completely know Tubster's history on this so thanks for you comments ...

Love Tubby so don't take this wrong, but here's my question: Does he stick with his, in my opinion, rather unusual subbing patterns next year (ex: JAS doesn't see the floor forever then starts, same with Bostick). I'm not saying its bad considering the roster he has, but as he gets "his" recruits here, does that change to a more conventional pattern. I don't completely know Tubster's history on this so thanks for you comments ...

I don't know much about Tubby's history to be honest - I think Friend of Tubby would be a better person to ask. I never understood Clem's subsitution patterns either. I remember it used to be a joke in the student section that anytime a player made two buckets in a row - Clem would take them out.

I think it's going to be a work in progress for the next couple of years at least. I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the ride :) I remember 1997 and how much fun that was - I can't wait to do it again with Tubby and this team whenever that may be.

Top Bottom