Thanks to all the posters

frozengopher

Devious and Conniving Member
Reaction score
...who were waiting in the rafters for this. Yeah, it's unacceptable. We get it. However, it's kinda pathetic that there are a bunch of people who provide nothing to this site when the team isn't playing or losing but when the team gets knocked around, the clowns come in and rush to get their two cents of "I told you so" in. Get over yourselves. Contribute to the fanbase and general discussion of Gopher football, not your egos.

To be fair, I think a lot of people were on the fence. Losing to SD just pushed a lot of people over the edge. There are still a good amount of trolls coming out of the woodwork though.

exactly Gopher07...something has to give at this point, after 3 years of less than attractive football, and dying student fan base, and losing to NDSU, USD, and almost SDSU...maybe it's time to see if Dungy wants to be the man again

exactly Gopher07...something has to give at this point, after 3 years of less than attractive football, and dying student fan base, and losing to NDSU, USD, and almost SDSU...maybe it's time to see if Dungy wants to be the man again
Dungy just said yesterday he doesn't want to coach college football and that the learning curve for compliance would be more than he wants to deal with.

This.

And I am sorry. I am one of the people you are talking about. I love the gophers football team more than any other sports team, but this is unacceptable. It is time for us to make some noise.

It's brutal. Awful. Choose your adjective. It's probably time to start thinking about life after Brewster.

But Dungy will never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever coach here. Can we all get clear on that? It's as likely Zombie Vince Lombardi will coach this team next year.

Been on this freaking board since last year. Never got into the Brewster bashing or the Mason debates. But this crap is just plain ridiculous and clearly Brewster is not qualified or capable of being a head coach. Time for a change. Two losses to FCS teams in 4 years? No Way. So don't even give me your "rose colored" spin on this game, program or coach. I am sick of it.

For Brewster to be here in 2011

This has to be a break through or above average year in Big Ten play or he will be gone.

I'm not sure if he beats Wisconsin and goes 4-4 in Big Ten play and goes 6-6 overall is he still here?

I think probably not...he needs 7-5 (5-3 in Big Ten) or better to be here next year.

I was firmly in the camp of going 6-6 this year was good enough to let him coach his 5th season....not any more.

GM

It's brutal. Awful. Choose your adjective. It's probably time to start thinking about life after Brewster.

But Dungy will never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever coach here. Can we all get clear on that? It's as likely Zombie Vince Lombardi will coach this team next year.
Zombie Vince Lombardi has dropped hints of being interested in college coaching. He has been overheard saying he wants "more brains"... and where better for those but a flagship state university? Don't write off Zombie Vince Lombardi.

What if Brewster doesn't get fired this year? Anyone remember this 3 part story? Dave Telep Talks Recruiting and Impact of Message Boards, he was interviewed by this very site you are on right now. Save your pissy attitude and complaining for people who want to hear it, saying it's time to fire our coach does no good. It will not play any factor in him losing his job as the coach at the U, on the other hand all the negativity on this board could play a role in the quality of our next recruiting class.

I'm so livid I am trying to restrain myself. I never like to post right after a bad loss because of the emotion, but this was unreal. This asshole better get his resume in order ASAP.

This has to be a break through or above average year in Big Ten play or he will be gone.

I'm not sure if he beats Wisconsin and goes 4-4 in Big Ten play and goes 6-6 overall is he still here?

I think probably not...he needs 7-5 (5-3 in Big Ten) or better to be here next year.

I was firmly in the camp of going 6-6 this year was good enough to let him coach his 5th season....not any more.

GM
6-6 would be a miracle with this team. Looking over our schedule I do not see a single remaining game in which we'll be favored. Maybe NIU. Maturi doesn't like to act without getting a REALLY STRONG kick in the pants. This season could be it.

What if Brewster doesn't get fired this year? Anyone remember this 3 part story? Dave Telep Talks Recruiting and Impact of Message Boards, he was interviewed by this very site you are on right now. Save your pissy attitude and complaining for people who want to hear it, saying it's time to fire our coach does no good. It will not play any factor in him losing his job as the coach at the U, on the other hand all the negativity on this board could play a role in the quality of our next recruiting class.

Who cares, BrewSter has already shown an inability to get jack out of even his best recruiting class.

Who cares, BrewSter has already shown an inability to get jack out of even his best recruiting class.

If you were a fan of the Gophers football team you would care. Lets say you get your wish and Brewster gets fired and we end up with the best coach in the history of football. The caveat is this doesn't happen for 2 more years. Now under your brilliant philosophy of not wanting the best recruiting class possible we will have to endure another 4 years of reloading under a new coach? Use your brain, when we get rid of a coach the players on the roster don't go with him.

I was a Brewster backer before today but no longer. He lost me. This is unacceptable.

I'll still be there the rest of the season screaming my lungs out and hoping for W's but barring a miraculous turn of events I don't see how a regime change isn't warranted.

Does anyone actually think if the Gophers play this way for the rest of the season they win another game? Based on the performance today, MN will be double digit underdogs to every team they play the rest of the year. I'm afraid the national media that predicted 2 wins at the beginning of the year were optimistic. Until today I thought the Gophers had a chance to win 5 games which I thought would be a good season considering the tough schedule. As stated above, those of us on the fence with Brewster, just jumped off the fence.

Been on this freaking board since last year. Never got into the Brewster bashing or the Mason debates. But this crap is just plain ridiculous and clearly Brewster is not qualified or capable of being a head coach. Time for a change. Two losses to FCS teams in 4 years? No Way. So don't even give me your "rose colored" spin on this game, program or coach. I am sick of it.

I agree!! I have been on this board quite a bit since last year and have remained mostly positive about the program under Brew and have been an advocate of the 5 yr. time table for Brew. But even though the idea of firing Brewster after this kind of loss is premature I do think he is on his last leg unless it turns around and quick. This program has not turned the corner yet, losses like this affirms that and if Brewster can't get a couple of signature wins this year I think he will be done.

If you were a fan of the Gophers football team you would care. Lets say you get your wish and Brewster gets fired and we end up with the best coach in the history of football. The caveat is this doesn't happen for 2 more years. Now under your brilliant philosophy of not wanting the best recruiting class possible we will have to endure another 4 years of reloading under a new coach? Use your brain, when we get rid of a coach the players on the roster don't go with him.

I am aware of the effect that firing a coach has on recruiting. From time to time, we fire our coach, and we lose some good recruits. Also from time to time, other schools fire their coaches, and they lose some good recruits. I don't care if Timmeh hauls in the #1 recruiting class this year and next. He can't coach for sh1t. He'll have a bunch of world-class 5* talent running around like chickens with their heads cut off, gunning it out for 9th place w/ Indiana & Illinois because their coach is an ass clown clone of Ron Zook. It hurts to remove a band-aid but it hurts more if you go slowly. You gotta just rip it off.

Save your pissy attitude and complaining for people who want to hear it, saying it's time to fire our coach does no good. It will not play any factor in him losing his job as the coach at the U, on the other hand all the negativity on this board could play a role in the quality of our next recruiting class.
Wrong. The Football program is supported by the fans. If the fans won't pay to see Brewster's team play, it costs the U money. Money is the biggest factor here.

The key word here is "coach". Brewster can bring in all the talent he wants, but he doesn't know how to coach them. Other schools bring in average players and develop them -- and they win more games then us.

Use your brain.

The key word here is "coach". Brewster can bring in all the talent he wants, but he doesn't know how to coach them. Other schools bring in average players and develop them -- and they win more games then us.

Use your brain.

Try to comprehend what you read, I never said anything about keeping brewster as coach. Never said he was great at developing players or good at coaching. Never said he was bad at anything either, I said people calling for his head are doing no good.

You come back with telling me some of the deficiencies you see in Brewster. I DO NOT care who is the coach of the team I just wish for a great team. For that to happen we will need some talent to go along with this great new coach everyone on here is calling for. The fan meltdown here will undoubtedly make it harder for brewster recruiting.

At this point, it is not important to worry about Brewster recruiting because he will not be here. The focus will have to be getting a new coach in place so he can begin to recruit.

...who were waiting in the rafters for this. Yeah, it's unacceptable. We get it. However, it's kinda pathetic that there are a bunch of people who provide nothing to this site when the team isn't playing or losing but when the team gets knocked around, the clowns come in and rush to get their two cents of "I told you so" in. Get over yourselves. Contribute to the fanbase and general discussion of Gopher football, not your egos.

There are alot of people commenting today that have in the past remained fairly positive and patient with this program like myself. But like me there are alot of people, very positive people, who after today are starting to lose faith rather quickly, me included.

I was a Brewster backer before today but no longer. He lost me. This is unacceptable.

I'll still be there the rest of the season screaming my lungs out and hoping for W's but barring a miraculous turn of events I don't see how a regime change isn't warranted.

I am a gopher hole addict. I am not as knowledgeable as some, so I don't post as often. But I spend a couple hours/day reading GH, Fringe, the Daily gopher, etc.
I have always been a huge Brewster backer. I accepted 1-11 because I could see there wasn't much talent on those teams. I loved the spread. I understood the d coordinator situation. I accepted the change in offenses. I have posted more anti KFAN, Barreiro, Souhan, and Reusse comments than almost anyone. I have defended the program to any nay sayers. I pointed to recruiting, red shirting so many good players, and love that Brewster would sell his soul to win.
However, you can't lose to SD. you just can't. Not in your 4th year, not ever.
I still like Brew and still love the program. But the proof is on the field.

Maybe you should get over yourself, you clown!

The fan meltdown here will undoubtedly make it harder for brewster recruiting.

Of course...losing to terrible FCS Schools & having no quality wins in your tenure has nothing to do with that at all...

It's the fans of Gopherhole...

Try to comprehend what you read, I never said anything about keeping brewster as coach. Never said he was great at developing players or good at coaching. Never said he was bad at anything either, I said people calling for his head are doing no good.

You come back with telling me some of the deficiencies you see in Brewster. I DO NOT care who is the coach of the team I just wish for a great team. For that to happen we will need some talent to go along with this great new coach everyone on here is calling for. The fan meltdown here will undoubtedly make it harder for brewster recruiting.

We have talent. We do not have coaching.

The fan meltdown is obvious. We spent all off season hearing about how the gophers are going to be awful this year but we stuck behind the team. Today, the house came crashing down once again. We need to bail on this coaching staff. Our once proud program is now the laughing stock of not only the big ten, but of most of the FBS.

Is there a light at the end of this tunnel? Maybe, but it seems as though we are moving further away from it.

Fan support will not fix this team. We need to start being critical.

Both will play a factor into it. Mock me all you want but it has been stated in an interview by a man with more knowledge of recruiting then you or I will ever posses. Granted he is a basketball expert but thinking college football players don't read the message boards of schools they are considering attending is silly.

Both will play a factor into it. Mock me all you want but it has been stated in an interview by a man with more knowledge of recruiting then you or I will ever posses. Granted he is a basketball expert but thinking college football players don't read the message boards of schools they are considering attending is silly.

Riiiiiiight...fans of a message board make that much of a difference...not losing to FCS Schools on a consistent basis...

We have talent. We do not have coaching.

The fan meltdown is obvious. We spent all off season hearing about how the gophers are going to be awful this year but we stuck behind the team. Today, the house came crashing down once again. We need to bail on this coaching staff. Our once proud program is now the laughing stock of not only the big ten, but of most of the FBS.

Is there a light at the end of this tunnel? Maybe, but it seems as though we are moving further away from it.

Fan support will not fix this team. We need to start being critical.

I'm so tired of the "we have talent" angle. No we don't. Who is any good? Who did anything out there today? They got dominated by a bunch of inbred hicks.

Top Bottom