Thanks Otto!

WolfontheProwl

Reaction score
I am not sure the Gophers win the NIT without Otto's 32 minutes the other night against FSU. If anyone questioned his knee issues watching him run last night was painfull. He was not moving well at all but he was more than willing to play through pain to help his teamates and school. I think that is one quality we can only hope every Gopher would help.

Agree with Oto being a key part of our MSG run. Surprised people still can't spell his name correctly though.

He might as well just change his name.

Great idea for a thread. Why did it take this long?

We would not have survived the FSU game without Otto. Great way for him to end his career as well. Should at least have fond memories and hopefully he leaves the university with a degree. Happy for all the seniors as well.

We would not have survived the FSU game without Otto. Great way for him to end his career as well. Should at least have fond memories and hopefully he leaves the university with a degree. Happy for all the seniors as well.

Really?

I think we are being trolled.

Thanks, Ottttto.

I am not sure the Gophers win the NIT without Otto's 32 minutes the other night against FSU. If anyone questioned his knee issues watching him run last night was painfull. He was not moving well at all but he was more than willing to play through pain to help his teamates and school. I think that is one quality we can only hope every Gopher would help.

:banghead::banghead:

I DVR'd the game and watched it late last night.....there's a timeout about half way through the 2nd half where he looks like he's about 101 years old with replacement knees. He really gutted it out. I don't think he does that if he's being "forced" out as some people have hinted.......

Well I had it with one t, but the OP had 2 and I assume it was right. My bad.

Don't worry about it. One of the guys objecting speculated it would be better to run Oto off so we would have another scholarship open for next year. News of him not playing brought some insipid remark, but it was like a relative dressed in black acting sad but mainly just waiting for the will to be read. Then we had the LOL when someone is making of fun of Oto as another Willis Reed (wink, wink) because Oto gave us minutes and play we absolutely needed to get past Florida State.

Sort of a campaign with me, but this BS of needlessly bitching about players gets old. Ya, it's not junior high and they're on scholarship, but if the guy is trying and represents the school well, he doesn't deserve the disdain some people around here dish out. They're going to still play or at least be on the team; why poison the atmosphere when they don't meet your expectations? Friends, family, and probably the athletes themselves read these comments. Doesn't mean you can't be critical, but you couldn't have watched this run, seen the effort and the joy, and not feel a bit sheepish about belittling Austin, Oto, Mav, Andre, Mo, Elliot, Joey, etc.

Oto could have had an impactful career with good knees.

Top Bottom