Thanks, Brew!

I spent 2007 hearing what a bad coach Brewster was for not getting more out of the scraps Mason left him. Then I spent 2009, 2009, 2010 hearing people saying Brewster was a bad coach because he had talented players who underperformed & lacked undisciplined. Now that Kill can't do squat with them it's Brewster's fault because they're not talented AND he ingrained bad habits in them? An awful lot of excuses being made for Kill. Brewster inherited a far less talented team & never got this kind of benefit of the doubt. The penalties have killed us all year. That's not on Brewster guys. Our talent level isn't that bad either. McKnight, Moulton, Jones, Lair, Gray, Bennett, Kirkwood, Kirksey, Cooper, Tinsley, Rallis, Beal, Stoudermire & Royston are all good players when healthy. Kill simply has not gotten it done yet & he needs to get it going right now! Hell, Jeff Horton won with these players!

Why does Kill need to get it done right now? Are you gonna fire him if he doesn't?

Why does Kill need to get it done right now? Are you gonna fire him if he doesn't?
The one thing he does need to do is get his players to display the discipline he preaches, if the upperclassman have such an ingrained lack of discipline then he can play his disciplined recruits and still lose 58-0.

The one thing he does need to do is get his players to display the discipline he preaches, if the upperclassman have such an ingrained lack of discipline then he can play his disciplined recruits and still lose 58-0.
The only 2 players I know of that he brought with him from NIU are Moulton and Jones (I think Moulton at least). The rest are Brewster recruits and he honored the commitment. Just thought I'd point that out.

The only 2 players I know of that he brought with him from NIU are Moulton and Jones (I think Moulton at least). The rest are Brewster recruits and he honored the commitment. Just thought I'd point that out.
It doesn't matter, those Brewster recruits were never tainted with Brewster's undisciplined system. I'll never forget watching Parcells take over horrifically undisciplined teams only to make them the model of discipline the next year. The point being, it's not a genetic predisposition to a lack of discipline it is the coach's responsibility whether practice and repetition or benching to display the self discipline being preached at press conferences.

I'm sorry I am realistic about our chances to win games in the first year of a coaching regime.

Oh, back to the let's-make-excuses for Kill routine. You consider the complete lack of discipline, the under performing, the being out coached & half hearted play all part of the process? Enjoy it then, me I expect more. This is not a rebuilding project. We have some talented players to work with & Kill has coached these guys down thus far.

I spent 2007 hearing what a bad coach Brewster was for not getting more out of the scraps Mason left him. Then I spent 2009, 2009, 2010 hearing people saying Brewster was a bad coach because he had talented players who underperformed & lacked undisciplined. Now that Kill can't do squat with them it's Brewster's fault because they're not talented AND he ingrained bad habits in them? An awful lot of excuses being made for Kill. Brewster inherited a far less talented team & never got this kind of benefit of the doubt. The penalties have killed us all year. That's not on Brewster guys. Our talent level isn't that bad either. McKnight, Moulton, Jones, Lair, Gray, Bennett, Kirkwood, Kirksey, Cooper, Tinsley, Rallis, Beal, Stoudermire & Royston are all good players when healthy. Kill simply has not gotten it done yet & he needs to get it going right now! Hell, Jeff Horton won with these players!

Couldn't have said it better myself. I'm not calling for Kill's firing or for him to resign but what has transpired so far this year is unacceptable. Kill had his mulligan losing to the worst(maybe we're the worst?) D1 team in NMST. His honeymoon ended with the drubbing to a D1-AA team. He completely lost me with the effort I saw out there today in the worst shutout loss in team history. Nobody is dumb enough to fire a coach after 5 games but he's got a ton to prove to gain a sane fan's faith from here on out.

Top Bottom