Thank you Tubby

hudson14

Reaction score
After watching the disaster that was the previous coach for too many years, I just want to thank Tubby for all he has accomplished in such a brief amount of time.
Thank you for giving us a team that is young, but unselfish and so well coached.
Thank you for making Gopher fans feel we now have a coaching advantage, instead of the disadvantage that was sensed by many during the majority of games orchestrated by the previous administration.
Most of all thank you for returning a fire to the Barn the previous coach extinguished.
During his tenure here the previous coach was fixated on Gonzaga's every move.
I hope the carpet-bagging little nose-picker has the same fixation on Minnesota, and is monitoring the rejuvination under Tubby.

Hey Hudson: Don't sugar coat it, how do you really feel about the Monson era debacle? LOL!!!!

But in all reality, he has truly revitalized the program and made believers out of all of us. Thank you so much Coach (and Mrs. Smith as well!), we all love you so much! I can't wait to bring my children to see the program that Coach will have built :)

Yes the program IS back. Thanks Tubby for all of your very hard work. But, let's not get ahead of ourselves. The game at Iowa will be extremely tough, some would say the Iowa is back as well. Then look at what Penn State is doing at Madison...this conference is going to be a dog fight. The Gophers could easily be 2 and 2 after next weeks games...

You're right, but at least we have a dog in the fight instead of a bow wow on the bench. Again, I thank Tubby for making me a fan again, instead of the disgruntled fan I had become. This team is going to have some growing pains, but the effort is going to be there every single time, and we now have a coach who can play with the big boys, instead of one who was more interested in playing with his kids and complaining about the impossible commute from Bear Path to the "U'.
The Barn is rocking again. Thank you Tubby.

After watching the disaster that was the previous coach for too many years, I just want to thank Tubby for all he has accomplished in such a brief amount of time.
Thank you for giving us a team that is young, but unselfish and so well coached.
Thank you for making Gopher fans feel we now have a coaching advantage, instead of the disadvantage that was sensed by many during the majority of games orchestrated by the previous administration.
Most of all thank you for returning a fire to the Barn the previous coach extinguished.
I hope the carpet-bagging little nose-picker has the same fixation on Minnesota, and is monitoring the rejuvination under Tubby.

You sound like you think Monson didn't even try - I'm sure that can't be true. Sure he did poorly here, but it wasn't for a lack of trying. Moreover, don't forget that he recruited most of our top players this year (Nolen, Hoff, DJ, etc.). He would not have gotten the performance out of these guys that Tubby has, but he still brought in decent athletes. Dan came into a losing situation, and darn-near did something good here, but failed cause he never got over the hump. I wish Dan the best.

I'm sorry. Monson himself admitted he didn't give full effort. And he didn't damn-near do something good here. He damn-near turned off the passion that is Gopher Basketball.
What a pleasure it is to watch a quality coach work, and his effort has been evident since day one.

I will never, ever, bash Monson - but I will give Tubby the full accolades he deserves.

It was funny, when we were down 15-19, and had a weird line-up in, we were wondering what he was doing...and sure enough, he proved me wrong. I always laughed at the "In Tubby, we trust." comments, because they seem so dramatic, but it's dead on. For the first time, as a fan, I feel like I really have no justification in questioning any of his choices, because he just knows.

When we were down by 7 points or so, with a few minutes to go, I would always be freaking out in the past, and thinking that we could somehow "blow it." For some reason, I didn't feel that way today. I feel like we can trust him and all of his decisions as he is just a wealth of basketball knowledge and experience. We are so lucky.

I will never, ever, bash Monson - but I will give Tubby the full accolades he deserves.

It was funny, when we were down 15-19, and had a weird line-up in, we were wondering what he was doing...and sure enough, he proved me wrong. I always laughed at the "In Tubby, we trust." comments, because they seem so dramatic, but it's dead on. For the first time, as a fan, I feel like I really have no justification in questioning any of his choices, because he just knows.

When we were down by 7 points or so, with a few minutes to go, I would always be freaking out in the past, and thinking that we could somehow "blow it." For some reason, I didn't feel that way today. I feel like we can trust him and all of his decisions as he is just a wealth of basketball knowledge and experience. We are so lucky.

I'm not sure at what point it was but I remember seriously questioning Tubby for the 1st time when he substituted JAS after Carter had just played some very good minutes. Shortly thereafter JAS score 5 quick points. Sorry Tubby:).

I'd Bet He'd Say THANK YOU MINNESOTA

The Gophers (team, AD, fans, city, et al) have offered Tubby and Donna an opportunity to rejuvenate their lives. They are treated with love and respect by all. Tubby has a chance to show he is an excellent coach. Their son gets to be part of their experience.

hudson14, you've been MIA as of late...good to see you posting again.

Today was a fun game. It was great to see us go on two big runs, especially the 11-0 run in the second half after they cut it to three points. That would have been a good spot for us to toally let them back in the game, but we responded well.

It's good to see Carter and Bostick earn some minutes today.

Go Gophers!!

hudson14, you've been MIA as of late...good to see you posting again.

Today was a fun game. It was great to see us go on two big runs, especially the 11-0 run in the second half after they cut it to three points. That would have been a good spot for us to toally let them back in the game, but we responded well.

It's good to see Carter and Bostick earn some minutes today.

Go Gophers!!

Too bad this poster has to slam others instead of just giving kudos to tubby. Monson did recruit Nolen, Johnson, and Hoff. Bleed, it appears you condone this posters nasty comments about somone who has been gone for literally years - too bad.

Thanks Bleed

I was just so over-joyed to see a well-coached basketball team at the Barn again I had to post something.

Truth-as for Danny I hope you aren't one of those who is going to give him credit for anything that is going on right now, most of all the fire that is coming back to that sacred building. The recruits you mentioned might have advanced under the previous coach, but history suggests otherwise. He's gone, but not forgotten as long he's still spending our money for a job he admitted he didn't do.

"Bleed, it appears you condone this posters nasty comments about somone who has been gone for literally years - too bad."

TruthTeller, it appears you are making a very odd assumption. I don't have ulterior motives...I was merely welcoming back a poster that I haven't seen on the board in a while. Nothing more, nothing less. I then commented on how yesterday's game was fun. I don't post in code, so if you found some other motive in my post, it is wrong.

Go Gophers!!

"Bleed, it appears you condone this posters nasty comments about somone who has been gone for literally years - too bad."

TruthTeller, it appears you are making a very odd assumption. I don't have ulterior motives...I was merely welcoming back a poster that I haven't seen on the board in a while. Nothing more, nothing less. I then commented on how yesterday's game was fun. I don't post in code, so if you found some other motive in my post, it is wrong.

Go Gophers!!

Not odd at all, based on your post. You welcome back a poster who is slamming as his , apparent, first post back in a long time.

simple observation.

Welcome back, Hudson

I too am glad to have you back posting.
Sorry, Truth, as a newcomer to the board you may not appreciate the contributions yet. But I'm sure as we move along in Tubby's tenure you'll appreciate him as well! :)

Thank you Moonlight

I'm sure I wasn't the first, nor the last, to grow weary of being stalked by the fellow with the multiple personalties. But I was reminded again yesterday that a well-coached team in hot Barn is a beautiful thing to watch.

Go Tubby!!
Go Gophers!!

No need to be sorry Moonlight

I too am glad to have you back posting.
Sorry, Truth, as a newcomer to the board you may not appreciate the contributions yet. But I'm sure as we move along in Tubby's tenure you'll appreciate him as well! :)

I do appreciate Tubby right now. It is fun to watch the team be competitive. I just see no useful purpose in berating a coach who has been gone for a couple years.

I guess there a always a few that enjoy that type of thing - must make them feel better about themselves.

You're very welcome, Hudson

Why... I'm just not sure at all what you could be meaning about multiple personalities! ;) :rolleyes:

Yes, it fun, isn't it? Matta is quite the tactician and Tubby was up for it.
I'm even happy to be forced back to my paid seats. We're upstairs, 4th row and I'm enjoying the upper deck with its more enthusiastic fan base. I already can't wait til Sunday for our next home game against Purdue and planned to be glued to the screen on Thursday for the Iowa game. Too bad we aren't hosting them this year.

Nice to see you again Hudson!

You're a great poster -- and a helluva golfer. We've missed you in the clubhouse ;)

Welcome back Hudson

It's amazing what Tubby has done with this program in such a short amount of time. There will be growing pains, but I didn't even think a NCAA bid would be a possibility until Year 3 or (more likely) Year 4. The man knows how to energize a program, that's for sure. The most telling sign of the program's rapid progress and the fans' true belief in Tubby is the fannies in the seats. The Barn is no longer a morgue.

It's amazing what Tubby has done with this program in such a short amount of time. There will be growing pains, but I didn't even think a NCAA bid would be a possibility until Year 3 or (more likely) Year 4. The man knows how to energize a program, that's for sure. The most telling sign of the program's rapid progress and the fans' true belief in Tubby is the fannies in the seats. The Barn is no longer a morgue.

And vice versa. Minnesota has re-energized Tubby more (and faster) than most of us thought possible.

Last couple of games I have actually planned my life around watching the game. I drove 30 minutes in the effing cold to watch the game at another cabin on New Year's.

And vice versa. Minnesota has re-energized Tubby more (and faster) than most of us thought possible.

I have to tell you, it comforts me to hear FOT's comments about Tubby - assuming that indeed FOT knows Tubby personally, it's very pleasing to hear how good Tubby feels to be here. It's a win-win situation for all of us - Tubby, the fans, the school, the Big Ten, Tubby's fans/friends/family, and the great state of Minnesota.

exactly. my first year attending the U was the 2004-2005 season... we'd arrive for NC games 5-10 minutes early and sit in the first 10 rows real easily. this year: showed up at the Concordia-St. Paul game 30 minutes early and was sitting underneath the overhang. tubby and this squad have brought college basketball, the way it should be, back to the U.

Top Bottom